Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam came down Saturday and stayed the night with us to train on Sunday. We decided to reunite the E litter mates! It was pretty funny, they were running around the living room playing! Here are a few pictures of them playing! XD makes Envy look like a little puppy!

Steve was doing a little ob work with Envy and XD was trying to mess with her, but she has great focus!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Um.. well he has been working on her ob because I can't with the girls. He usually does her everyday, and having the baby I can't just leave her in the house and go out side to work the dog.... well I could but that wouldn't be very responsible of me! So yeah he is starting her for me, I know I am not learning anything that way but um yeah tell him that! lol

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Um.. well he has been working on her ob because I can't with the girls. He usually does her everyday, and having the baby I can't just leave her in the house and go out side to work the dog.... well I could but that wouldn't be very responsible of me! So yeah he is starting her for me, I know I am not learning anything that way but um yeah tell him that! lol
I train my dogs every day in our yard while my child takes her nap and I've been doing this since she was around 3 or 4 months old. I have the baby monitor right there with me so I can hear every peep she makes. Its no different than being in another room of the house while she sleeps. I don't know your situation in particular, but there are ways of making it work!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Konnie, I don't have a baby monitor. I may have to look into one of those!! Thats a great idea! oh sad is that, I never thought of it!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just looked at the pictures again, I love how it looks like XD is hugging Envy! The third picture!

·
Registered
705 Posts
no we can just start taking the baby out in the stroller and work her. but i tell kim to do it and she says she is not in the mood. sometimes. im not lettin a good dog go to waste. lol but most the time she is motivated

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
no we can just start taking the baby out in the stroller and work her. but i tell kim to do it and she says she is not in the mood. sometimes. im not lettin a good dog go to waste. lol but most the time she is motivated
I did the stroller thing a bunch too. It worked really well.

Its hard to be motivated after a draining day of taking care of a baby. I never knew how hard it was until I had one of my own!

My motivation came from knowing I would go crazy if I didn't do something completely unrelated to the baby at least once a day.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Highly recommended. You can usually find them at second-hand baby stores and on Craigslist as well. Probably not the thing to wear over a decoy suit, and more seriously, if you're doing dog work that might potentially put you on the ground. But a great product. I am a big fan of getting kids out and having my kids see the dog work with me.

Hold out for Kelty, they're awesome.

http://www.rei.com/product/716434

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I have one of those Kelty backpacks too. Don't know what we'd do without it and we use it at least once a week. Its great for carrying the kid around at group trainings (especially when you can con a trusted by-stander into wearing it).

However, its pretty useless for training when I'm handling/training a dog. Tried it a few times and its a pretty rough ride for the kid. As Woody said, it shouldn't be used if there's a danger of falling.

You can usually find gently used baby stuff like this on e-bay for really good prices too. Ours was given to us for FREE by a friend after his kids outgrew it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
well the kids are with their grandparents every weekend. its just during the week. i think the stroller thing will do

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That little thing looks awesome! After working all day and having the baby, I usually don't have much energy for the dog. I am off tomorrow, and the lil ones are gone so we will see how much training takes place! I don't have housework either so it should be a good day to get some dog work in!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts