Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if ASS's ever come in sable, bi-color, or black? There's a discussion going on on another board (not a working dog board, obviously) about this.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting! I, for whatever reason, didn't think ASS's could be sable. Black and bi-colored I could see, but not sable.

I couldn't find pedigrees on the woodsideshepherds website, though, so I wonder HOW 'Americanized' they actually are. :?: :?:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Sable is the dominant color gene in GSD, and can be bred to in order to increas dark pigment in the dogs. No doubt very few ever will show up in the breed ring. Who in their right mind wants their precious ASS dogs to be associated with those horrid working dogs.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Considering the amount of wonderful colours the pet dogs come in....... :p

I'd be more surprised to see a sable, pure German hoghlines dog.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob Scott said:
Sable is the dominant color gene in GSD, and can be bred to in order to increas dark pigment in the dogs.
So where do the ASS breeders get the sable dogs they breed to to increase dark pigment? :-k

I just noticed that I put "forbidding" territory instead of "forbidden" in the subject line. I've not been having a good week. :roll: :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Kristen Cabe said:
Bob Scott said:
Sable is the dominant color gene in GSD, and can be bred to in order to increas dark pigment in the dogs.
So where do the ASS breeders get the sable dogs they breed to to increase dark pigment? :-k

I just noticed that I put "forbidding" territory instead of "forbidden" in the subject line. I've not been having a good week. :roll: :lol:
I think they keep them in their closets. :eek:
the one's I see on that site don't have strong color, but the $#%^!& angulation is definately ASS.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Thanks Lynn! I had that site some time ago and lost it with a computer crash.
Even the word Panda Shepherd makes me want to poke myself in the eyes with a sharp stick. :-& :-&

1 - 13 of 13 Posts