Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
if you want to get in touch w/someone who trains hounds to manhunt, go to leerburg, the "Tracking" section--there's a guy there sometimes who works for TX corrections training hounds to track excapees.

i won't have time til tomorrow to go look, but will, and will try to post a link to a thread, or at least hook you up some how. this guy knows his business!!

Connie???!!????

but we want PICS!!

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
ann freier said:
if you want to get in touch w/someone who trains hounds to manhunt, go to leerburg, the "Tracking" section--there's a guy there sometimes who works for TX corrections training hounds to track excapees.

i won't have time til tomorrow to go look, but will, and will try to post a link to a thread, or at least hook you up some how. this guy knows his business!!

Connie???!!????

but we want PICS!!
I don't know who you mean, and I thought I knew almost every regular name on that forum. :oops: Bob or David might know.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
ok, i found him. name terry a. holstine, he's in OK (not TX). go to the police tracking section, the thread's titled "A few questions on man tracking".

a good thread, and terry seems to really know his stuff.

wish i knew how to just post the link.... :(

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
ok, connie, what ever you say (but i think you were just testing me to see if i could remember ANYTHING!!). a reminder to ya--i'm not as, let's see, ummmm, "experienced" (that's a nice word isn't it?) as you, Bob and, dare i say ?, D. Frost..... :lol: :lol:

i'm ducking, and you can't catch me!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
ann freier said:
ok, connie, what ever you say (but i think you were just testing me to see if i could remember ANYTHING!!). a reminder to ya--i'm not as, let's see, ummmm, "experienced" (that's a nice word isn't it?) as you, Bob and, dare i say ?, D. Frost..... :lol: :lol:

i'm ducking, and you can't catch me!!!!!!
Young whippersnapper! :evil: :p :p :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Bob, I'm getting the distinct impression, the flowery words mean nothing more than they think you are I are old. Just because my social security number is XXIV does not mean old. Although I did hear yours was XX.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Lots of thorns in some flowers. :lol: :wink:
Technically, I'm actually to old to even be from the baby boomer generation.
They officially didn't start till Jan of 46.
My social security number is engraved in a stone tablet. :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
My elder daughter and I are both what they call baby boomers! :oops:

The years are often considered to be 1946 to 1964, and my daughter was born in late '64.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
i, for one, am just glad for the forum--just think where we'd be if we had to hunt you guys down,
travel to where you all are, take notes, go home, try stuff, travel back, take notes,
go home, try different stuff, etc., etc., etc., (as the King said in "the King & I"--i loved that
musical)...

i thought "experienced" was a NICE thing to say!! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts