Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the chance to work with the EDD we have in training. He's supposed to be done by the 20th of January so he can work the State Inaugeration. I've scheduled 6 to work that day and he is number 6. Being Monday, and we got a late start I thought I'd really stretch him out and see how he's coming allong. He's in week 12 of a 16 week course. I set up a problem that consisted of 50 vehicles. I put 2 pounds of PETN on vehicle number 45. The handler doesn't know whether or not there are even targets out, we do run blank problems, let alone it's location. His instructions were; start here, I'll tell you when you're done. It took him 28 minutes and the dog picked up the odor from vehicle number 42, took him too source and responded I was well pleased. 2 more odors, then he should be finished and ready for work. His dog is a yellow bitch Lab. His permenant assignment is the capitol and they didn't want a GSD up there. Said it was too intimidating. Since the legislature pays my salary, who am I too argue. She's a sweety though and I"m sure will be a big PR boost for us "on the hill".

DFrost

·
Premium Member
21,867 Posts
Great job and very impressive assignment for the dog.
I would suspect that they have pretty high standards for detection dogs "on the hill".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.