Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're expecting some nasty weather for the rest of the week so I made sure to get out and run the boys on the scooter. I also dragged my dad out to video it since I dont have any videos of me scootering yet. Thought I'd share it with you guys!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay, now I need one of those! How do you get the dogs to stop?! Does it have brakes?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup it has brakes but it can't stop the dogs, it barely stops one dog. The dogs are just trained to slow down/stop on command and are responsive enough to listen when they hear the command and feel the harder tug of the lines. Also if I really need to I can just hop off and hold them back.

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
That really looks neat. I have to admit, those dogs sure looked like they were enjoying the run. Enjoying running is a foreign concept to me. h aha.

DFrost

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Bet you guys get a lot of funny looks going down the street. I would get a lot when running one of mine next to the scooter or the bike. And they weren't even pulling me! Screw 'em though, it's good fun. I'd have to get a handlebar extension to make it taller. My Xootr scooter has a tall handlebar, but it's not really suitable for running the dogs out front. I've got a friend who bikejors, but I'd be worried I couldn't hop off in time if something went wrong!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uf! Dont get me started on funny looks lol Well it really isnt so much funny looks as absolute facination. Its so bad that I cant even count the number of times i have almost caused an accident because someone slows down to travel alongside us and watch us instead of watching the road and they start to drift to the other lane with an on-coming car.There''s this awesome groomed trail that I would love to run sometime but it sits at the top of a hill that is rouchly 40ft from the road (can be seen very clearly) and the road is actually a 2-lane highway. I can just imagine how many ""close calls"" would happen! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts