Working Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using them for training/proofing/distractions/filming etc ?

it's illegal to fly them over a residential or populated area so they are starting to show up in every open space available around here. won't be long before they are a certified nuisance.
- maybe it's just the congestion here, but curious if they are having any effect on dog work in general
- imagine they are already being incorporated into SAR ops, yes ?
- could see the PSA guys trying to add them in trials. they like to throw in weird stuff :)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
anyone using them for training/proofing/distractions/filming etc ?

it's illegal to fly them over a residential or populated area so they are starting to show up in every open space available around here. won't be long before they are a certified nuisance.
- maybe it's just the congestion here, but curious if they are having any effect on dog work in general
- imagine they are already being incorporated into SAR ops, yes ?
- could see the PSA guys trying to add them in trials. they like to throw in weird stuff :)

I see HUGE privacy issues coming down the pike with those things. Amongst the other negatives you pointed out. Nope havent mixed them with dogs YET lol

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
my dogs tend to ignore them unless the drones are divebombing them. Otherwise they don't care.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
yes, they are being used in SAR. In fact there has been one recorded find using the heat imagery to direct teams to the missing person. I'm sure they will be used more and more in SAR ops. Especially disaster ops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts