Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I found that if I am waiting for a post of my own to be posted (or waiting for one of someone else's double post to be deleted by me), if I do what Woody mentioned and open a new screen in the browser, I can check on whether it has happened and then close the still-open "posting" screen.

2. I can find the thread about the slowness and double posts, but not via the index. It fell off there.

3. Like Selena, I have spent a lot of this morning deleting one of each of the many double posts. My own aren't doubling now because of (1) above!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
I'm in the process for adding a "don't allow duplicate posts" feature to the board, but my host did something n now my password doesn't work to install the update, bleh. I also emailed them inquiring about the slowness.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Reinier Geel said:
Mike i feel like an idiot, it is happeneing to me - if i post a reply only, then it gives me a server not found page, and then i refresh and post, but when i arrive at the post it is duplicated or even in quadruplicated like today - in working dog forum -help
Reiner, just my thought, Mike probably has better ones...if it times out on you (which can be for a number of reasons related to the board or your connection) view the forum in a new browser window to see if your post "took." If you have a Firefox browser this is much easier to do than with IE.

www.mozilla.com

Firefox is, IMHO, a much better browser than IE, anyways.

·
Premium Member
21,868 Posts
Reinier, what I do is click on the "working dog forum index" after I hit the submit button. That will take you back to the index and you don't have to wait for it to return from your post.
I spent a lot of time sitting and waiting till I got lucky and figured that one out.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob Scott said:
Reinier, what I do is click on the "working dog forum index" after I hit the submit button. That will take you back to the index and you don't have to wait for it to return from your post.
I spent a lot of time sitting and waiting till I got lucky and figured that one out.
YESSSSSSS!

You can go anywhere else on the forum while the posting page does its thing! You can even open a new web page, where you will still be logged in, and "favorite" yourself back to this forum.

The only thing is: Don't post on two open pages at once. It really slows stuff down and the two posts can take longer than waiting for the first one.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Woody Taylor said:
Reinier Geel said:
Mike i feel like an idiot, it is happeneing to me - if i post a reply only, then it gives me a server not found page, and then i refresh and post, but when i arrive at the post it is duplicated or even in quadruplicated like today - in working dog forum -help
Reiner, just my thought, Mike probably has better ones...if it times out on you (which can be for a number of reasons related to the board or your connection) view the forum in a new browser window to see if your post "took." If you have a Firefox browser this is much easier to do than with IE.

www.mozilla.com

Firefox is, IMHO, a much better browser than IE, anyways.
OH.......... I pretty much duplicated this, Woody! A double-post for a completely different reason..... :oops:

Posts "take" MUCH faster than the posting window pretends.

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Any tips on this one..if i delete double or triple post, the topic gets lost (and it takes a long time)...last time I just edited the double post..Irritates me to hell :twisted:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Guys,

I was just a vicitim of double post also. I post one time...it takes a long time then I try again. And it has double posted. Now when I want to delete one....I can't. Example " topic- Puppies in the freezer"

Rashmi

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I'm a bit of a computer illiterate, but I think I solved your problem. Enjoy the site.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rashmi Kumar said:
Guys,

I was just a vicitim of double post also. I post one time...it takes a long time then I try again. And it has double posted. Now when I want to delete one....I can't. Example " topic- Puppies in the freezer"

Rashmi
When it seems to take a long time, it really isn't. Open the site in another window of your browser and you'll see your post. The doubles are caused by clicking on "submit" more than once.

We just got used to it. :lol: It's an eccentric server, I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts