another interesting thread that is heating up as it gets more philosophical
anyway, my dog training sure doesn't keep the bread on the table here. and since we also teach flamenco besides classical ballet here at our place, bullfighting has been a topic thru the years. as a kid in SoCal, i watched bullfighting on our mexican TV channel 34 (Paco Camino era). quality wasn't nearly as high as in Spain and a lot of fights ended sloppy and were clumsy compared to watching the "great ones" fight bulls over in Spain
WTH ... maybe i think i'll start a thread on dog fighting
(which you all probably know is legal in Japan)
- anyone been to one here ?
- do you think it is an animal rights issue ?
anyway, the point of my post is that i take BIG offense when anyone tries to decide what is an animal rights issue and what isn't. to me that is arrogant.
- imo, kicking a dog in the ribs that pisses me off or bit me IS an animal rights issue, and i'll admit i have been guilty of that
- imo, a LEO making a bad move that results in his K9 getting killed is also an animal rights issue to me
- imo fighting dogs by scumbags who want to gamble and watch one bad ass pit mix rip up another bad ass pit mix is an animal rights issue
- imo breeding a dog to look like some kind of funny faced human is an animal rights issue
to me they are all examples of animal abuse, but in reality is there is NO DAMN thing as animal abuse because the animals have ZERO voice in ANY animal abuse conversation. we can't ask them ad they aren't participating and have no voice
- same goes for bull fighting ](*,)
- and imo, rationalizing either side using cultural differences is just a way to avoid the issue directly
- and since people's opinions won't change during an online discussion, why even bother trying ???
- i don't support PETA
- i DO support LE and the military using dogs to hurt people
- i do care about how all animals feel even tho i don't understand exactly how that happens or how to know when the line gets crossed and we are abusing them when we shouldn't be
off the soapbox