Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if these are re-runs (probably, but I haven't seen any of the previous
seasons :wink: )

The show is on 4 times on Fridays, w/only one being a repeat of the other
shows.

Later on in the 7am show, they have a GSD who bites her tail, drawing blood!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cesar Millan said:
(telling your dog) "Good boy" is for dog training, not for dog psychology...
As the owner asked Cesar if rewarding her dog for being corrected was ok, telling
him "good boy", Cesar explained that you don't reward bad behavior, but only
for good behavior.

I'm definately not quoting accurately ( nor paraphrasing w/justice :oops: ),
but the way he explained that bit to the owner turned on a "light bulb" for me :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cesar's explanation of "Working dogs", like the GSD, and their need for work,
was really good info for a novice to the breed (I'm proof!)

BTW, for those of you who see this episode (Bubba & Garret), can you tell
if these two GSD are American line, or German lines? Are you up for the challenge :wink: ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
Martin Espericueta said:
Cesar's explanation of "Working dogs", like the GSD, and their need for work,
was really good info for a novice to the breed (I'm proof!)

BTW, for those of you who see this episode (Bubba & Garret), can you tell
if these two GSD are American line, or German lines? Are you up for the challenge :wink: ?
BTW, his new book (April 1) is already number 3 on Amazon today!

Remind me of what Bubba & Garret did so I'll remember the episode. (It's from 2004.)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
Connie Sutherland said:
Martin Espericueta said:
Cesar's explanation of "Working dogs", like the GSD, and their need for work,
was really good info for a novice to the breed (I'm proof!)

BTW, for those of you who see this episode (Bubba & Garret), can you tell
if these two GSD are American line, or German lines? Are you up for the challenge :wink: ?
BTW, his new book (April 1) is already number 3 on Amazon today!

Remind me of what Bubba & Garret did so I'll remember the episode. (It's from 2004.)
Was one of these two a tail-chaser who ended up with a back-pack? (No, I'm not a groupie!)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
Martin Espericueta said:
Not sure if these are re-runs (probably, but I haven't seen any of the previous
seasons :wink: )

The show is on 4 times on Fridays, w/only one being a repeat of the other
shows.

Later on in the 7am show, they have a GSD who bites her tail, drawing blood!
The 1/2 hour episodes are all from 2004.

The one-hour episodes today at 1 p.m. Pacific are recent (2006) reruns and the 5 pm Pacific and 8 pm Pacific are the new one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
Cesar Millan last night

So, good episode: the director was bitten. (Always makes for interest.)

He demonstrated Bob Scott's "heel" technique very nicely, too, one step, stop, one step, etc.

And Bob, he also discussed what you said about the harness and how the dog instinctually pulls against it like a little horse; but he always uses what the owner has been using, so he used it but showed how to correct to the side and not back, and to use the toe of the far foot, behind the near leg, to nudge the side of the dog.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top