Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While handling your dog, do not wear any jewelry that may be snagged and pulled (especially if it's pierced). :eek:

Don't ask me how my dog managed to yank out my little bitty nose ring tonight, but my nose is going to be sore for DAYS...

·
Registered
595 Posts
:eek: Gaaaaaaah

Becky runs away screaming and holding her nose

I've always been aware of my jewely since my parrots can snag a stone out of a ring or earring before you can say whaaaa....! Not wanting to explain to my husband that I need replacement diamonds/citrines/saphires or whatever, I keep them out of their reach. I only wear jewelry when going out, then put it all away when I get home.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Oh OUCH!!!! :eek: I was at a seminar recently when a gal somehow got her long hair caught in her dogs fur saver. This person is awkwrd to begin with, so it was a little funny.

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I'm always afraid someone will sneeze and put an eye out with one of those nose rings. That has to hurt.

DFrost

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a blue and gold macaw. I've had her seven years, and she *can* be bad about jewelry - mostly she likes buttons - but she's never really paid any attention to the nose ring, which I've had for over a year. But Bane was jumping for her tug, which was up by my shoulder, and overshot and snagged my nose :eek:

Guess I'm lucky, though, seeing the other article, that she didn't SWALLOW it after she pulled it out - no way that thing would be going back in my nose again!!

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Woody, kind of reminds me of that story from Marley and Me of Marley eating the gold chain and having it come out nice and clean (as to be expected) out the tail end.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh Jerry I pretended I was tough ... I wiped my nose but could taste the blood in the back of my throat all night... you won't see me at training again with anything 'snaggable'.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yikes, I don't know how I missed this one but I know that hadda hurt. I too learned the hard way about jewelry. Usta wear my wedding band to work until I chased a suspect and got hung up on a fence with it. Pain is a very good teacher :twisted:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts