Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For folks with inside dogs...

I think my dog is out of her chew bedding stage...if she screws this up, like other bedding attempts, she will be sleeping a deep sleep on a concrete slab...but I got Annie a Big Shrimpy bed.

http://www.bigshrimpy.com/dog_orig.htm

I have known about these while and got one today. They're really cool. The top liner has nylon sides and some kind of fake suede top. The inner liner is tough and water-resistant. The cool thing is the filling...it's recycled strips of fleece, not that usual foam crap. And you can order different covers if yours does not work out.

So everything is washable and it looks to be quite comfortable. Dog took to it right away. It's a bit pricey...$90 for a medium-size bed...but I like the features much better than the other stuff out there.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Yeah, no $90 beds for me. I bought the two bigger dogs a $6 dog pillow (really is a dog bed for little dogs) at Sam's Club and they like lounging up against them. They have a removable, washable cover and plus if they get chewed or whatever, no huge deal. Although if you know anyone who makes those fleece tie blankets as a craft, the scraps from those can be braided together for fun puppy tug toys.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maren Bell Jones said:
Yeah, no $90 beds for me.
Eh, I broke down today after watching Annie trying to lie down on these miniature lounge chairs we have for the boys. It was kind of pathetic to see.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Maren Bell Jones said:
Yeah, no $90 beds for me. I bought the two bigger dogs a $6 dog pillow (really is a dog bed for little dogs) at Sam's Club and they like lounging up against them. They have a removable, washable cover and plus if they get chewed or whatever, no huge deal. Although if you know anyone who makes those fleece tie blankets as a craft, the scraps from those can be braided together for fun puppy tug toys.
I bought big beds with denim coverings and fleece lining at Costco a few years ago for under $20 each. Love 'em. Looks like the BigShrimpy "nest bed" (but obviously nowhere near as nice).

There's no cellar under my floors -- just slab foundation -- so I bought thick beds when I had seniors with arthritis.

That Shrimpy looks really nice. Washable = long-lasting, since bugs or mold or dirt would be the most likely reasons for me to toss a dog bed.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Reminds me I need to change the straw in Thunder's dog house. :D :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I figure a carpet pad, carpet and an old blanket is good enough for Muffin Bucket. He likes it and it's certainly a step up from the 8 x 10 and Dogloo.

David

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ann freier said:
"Muffin Bucket"??? is this a Yorkie, or a LE K9 here? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's funny, isn't it, that I get grief for a dog bed from a guy that calls his dog Muffin Bucket. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Well, I have to admit to having 2 dog beds in the house :) Both are from Costco, one is the big round one and one is a rectangular one. I find them quite handy though when a dog is inside I can tell them to go to the bed and stay put. So far nobody has chewed these up either, but I wouldn't stick them in a crate or anything, that would guarantee a quick demise. I like the Costco round bed, have washed the whole thing on many occasions, but it does get lumpy from being washed and you have to get the filling spread back out afterwards.

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Well, it's really only a nickname, his real name is BlackJack. Although, when I use his nickname in public it does seem to draw a couple of chuckles. Poor little guy I hope it doesn't hurt his feelings.

DFrost

Woody, I love that show, that episode was great.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I think we should all chip in & get Mr Frost one of those really fancy dog beds you sometimes see in high end magazines, those dog beds with their own canopies, curtains, polka dot pillows, etc., along with a big ole sign that says Muffin Bucket.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
susan tuck said:
I think we should all chip in & get Mr Frost one of those really fancy dog beds you sometimes see in high end magazines, those dog beds with their own canopies, curtains, polka dot pillows, etc., along with a big ole sign that says Muffin Bucket.
Oh, my guess is David already has one like that. Making up for years of harsh training on PSDs by doting on Muffin Top.

David, 30 Rock and The Office are mandatory viewing at our household. Alec Baldwin is a genius! That show is hysterical, I laugh out loud every time.

"If you were any other woman in the world I would be attracted to you right now."

HAH. Love it.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
David's hobby is woodworking. I suspect Muffin Top has his own four poster with a canopy.
:oops: Sorry David! I couldn't pass on that one. :lol: :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts