Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
http://time-blog.com/swampland/2007/06/romneys_shaggy_dog_story.html

www.boston.com/news/politics/2008/specials/romney/articles/part

A potential presidential candidate. He's a Mormon; odds are that wives two through seven were strapped up there as well.
I rec'd this story from friends in England and Bermuda today.

Apparently it's world news. :-x

What a moron.

P.S. A good post below the "news" story
"Take a look, also, at the children in this heartwarming little anecdote. In other families, the kids would be crying and pleading with Dad to "puhleeeze don't put him up there on the roof" but Mitt's boys just thought the dog losing his bowels was 'gross'. And apparently Mom just sat there smiling on her cute brood while they abused the family pet."

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rec'd this story from friends in England and Bermuda today.

Apparently it's world news. :-x

What a moron.

P.S. A good post below the "news" story
"Take a look, also, at the children in this heartwarming little anecdote. In other families, the kids would be crying and pleading with Dad to "puhleeeze don't put him up there on the roof" but Mitt's boys just thought the dog losing his bowels was 'gross'. And apparently Mom just sat there smiling on her cute brood while they abused the family pet."
They were grateful they weren't strapped up there with kids 11-47.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Politician=scumbag???? Say it isn't so Woody, I would be SO suprised to think bad thoughts of the jackals and vultures that run for office in this country, money grubbing power hungry vermin.

Is there a "do over" button for the general public???:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
and here i thought a Mormon politician would be a better breed. but i didn't really think it seriously :-&

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and here i thought a Mormon politician would be a better breed. but i didn't really think it seriously :-&
Better breed. Nice pun.

Freier +1

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Politician=scumbag???? Say it isn't so Woody, I would be SO suprised to think bad thoughts of the jackals and vultures that run for office in this country, money grubbing power hungry vermin.

Is there a "do over" button for the general public???:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
I gave up after Colin Powell turned over on me. I met him once, right before Desert Storm, maybe the most impressive human being I ever met in my life. Then...Bush'd.

Still have my hopes up for Obama. Maybe Chuck Hagel. But I always am disappointed in the end. It's too bad.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I gave up after Colin Powell turned over on me. I met him once, right before Desert Storm, maybe the most impressive human being I ever met in my life. Then...Bush'd.

Still have my hopes up for Obama. Maybe Chuck Hagel. But I always am disappointed in the end. It's too bad.
oh no--not hagel, and not dodd (he's so cliche' he's *almost* funny). i'm with ya on obama for the moment tho.

HEY--what about hilary?? (and you can't take my "+1" away either)

i LOVE robinson's ads-such a refreshing change..

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
I really wanted Powell to run.

Last time we had a choice of Bush or Kerry. I had to concentrate on a hourly basis to keep my eyes from permanently rolling into the back of my head.

I also was on anti coniption meds.

I was really hoping that Jessie "the mind" Ventura was going to run for president.

I also think we should establish a "pre-election" election, to get rid of the retard choices they keep giving us to choose from.

At least maybe that would prove to them that some of us actually do pay attention to the stupid shit they do everyday.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
yeah and what about the goddamn muslims and their stupid praying all the time. or how about the monkey worshiping hindus? don't even get me started on Buddhists and how they worship a fat guy who has the nerve to preach about self control. that's not even to start on the catholics and their prehistoric views on birth control and abortion.

i don't believe the above, just wanted to point out that those who are insulting the lot of mormons should think twice before painting with such a broad brush. especially those who are tasked with the HUGE responsibility of being a moderator.

you know we have mormon users on this board don't you woodrow?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah and what about the goddamn muslims and their stupid praying all the time. or how about the monkey worshiping hindus? don't even get me started on Buddhists and how they worship a fat guy who has the nerve to preach about self control. that's not even to start on the catholics and their prehistoric views on birth control and abortion.

i don't believe the above, just wanted to point out that those who are insulting the lot of mormons should think twice before painting with such a broad brush. especially those who are tasked with the HUGE responsibility of being a moderator.

you know we have mormon users on this board don't you woodrow?
We have cops scared of ticks here too. I know that sounds crazy, but we absolutely do. I like teasing them as well.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
We have cops scared of ticks here too. I know that sounds crazy, but we absolutely do. I like teasing them as well.
yeah, but the difference is that i came on here and told the story while adding my own self-deprecating humor. it really is a shame that you don't know the difference.

i probably just expect too much. just because we all like to talk dogs doesn't mean that we aren't subject to the normal cross section of society, which unfortunately includes bigots...

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, but the difference is that i came on here and told the story while adding my own self-deprecating humor. it really is a shame that you don't know the difference.

i probably just expect too much. just because we all like to talk dogs doesn't mean that we aren't subject to the normal cross section of society, which unfortunately includes bigots...
Cops scared of ticks are normal?

Lighten up, Francis.

Mormans are free to take shots at me and/or baptize my ancestors as needed for protest value. I was raised conservative Southern Baptist and I am married to a Catholic. Rich comedy, load it up.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yeah but Tim, none of the people you mentioned above are running for president and strapped old fido to the roof of the car. The right reverand Al sharpton painted the Mormans with a broad brush, are you suggesting he was a bigot?, Now that would be a terrible thing to say about a preacher, shame on you, go tithe 20% of your take home pay this week!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah but Tim, none of the people you mentioned above are running for president and strapped old fido to the roof of the car. The right reverand Al sharpton painted the Mormans with a broad brush, are you suggesting he was a bigot?, Now that would be a terrible thing to say about a preacher, shame on you, go tithe 20% of your take home pay this week!
Some of my heroes are Mormons. Paris Hilton, Dave Brubeck, Trent Reznor, Tom Cruise. All polygomists from southern Utah. Totally true.

Al Sharpton, now there's a bigot. And I say that as a bigot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dont worry boys and girls John Kerry is a flaming loser ask the guys he served with in Vietnam, because you do know he served in Vietnam yeah. That gives his street cred when it comes to running the country..Hillary Clinton is a F&^%$ idiot, liar who is married to her should be registered sex offender liar husband, Obama is trying to play division one ball straight out of pee wee he is screwed once Clinton Inc. gets ahold of him. I am not offended by the mormon comments and only have 7 wives and 37 children but shoot I never am left without a decoy or someone to clean the kennels or feed the dogs. If you guys are stupid enough to make generalizations on what you think you know about mormons please vote for Hillary because maybe you do need the government to make decisions for you. because like the democratic candidates say the American people are to stupid to think for themselves the geovernment needs to do that for them. He he he (this might just turn into a great thread!)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.