Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p Ok..I promise..this is the end of the pics for a while. You guys will start to get bored...;) Anyways, here is by husbands pup...Dakota.

Enjoy!

Shelly

·
Registered
814 Posts
Nice looking pup! Your pup also resembles my dog, Jake.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I am curious about something. Having gotten my dog from Baden K-9 in 2000 I have no idea of my dog's lineage and thus what lines he and his ancestors might be from. I saw a pic of a dog with their military handler that looked EXACTLY like my dog.

Maybe this is the stupid question of the month, but is it possbile to narrow down the possibilities of who my dog's ancestors were based on his appearance?

Like I said, it's probably a really stupid question but I've got a reputation to uphold! ;)

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Shelley, that Dakota looks to be a super pup, with a nice full bite & calmly holding that dead prey just like the big boys!

Patrick: Is your dog or your dogs sire & dam on the pedigree data base? If so, some might be able to help you out with regards to information about the dogs in your dogs heritage.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You could do a generalization like, if your dog was blocky-headed, big-boned, and black sable, you could assume he has DDR ancestors...or if he was very long-bodied you could narrow it down to several lines...but even then it's pretty pointless if you don't know which dogs, exactly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts