Working Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Look at him holding that sleeve!! He looks like the training with Ed is doing wonders! How long does he hang on to that sleeve now (when it's slipped)?

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the time he hangs on till I stop running with him, he'll make it all the way back to the truck or all the way around the back of Ed's house to the kennel. Sometimes he drops it n we go back to agitation.

·
Registered
632 Posts
That's really good. Is he still barking in prey, or defense now?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Very good! He's gonna be a totally different dog when I next see him, huh?

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Martin Espericueta said:
Mike Schoonbrood said:
He gets rewarded for a good defensive bark by getting a prey bite, if his bark is whiney n prey-like he doesn't get a bite.
Sounds like Cujo's training is excellerating! Are you going to cross into a
SchH title for him?
I doubt that. I'd be happy with an ASR-E... maybe, just maybe, he'll be able to do ASR1, but right now ASR-E will make me more than satisfied lol.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mike Schoonbrood said:
I doubt that. I'd be happy with an ASR-E... maybe, just maybe, he'll be able to do ASR1, but right now ASR-E will make me more than satisfied lol.
This is Cujo's thread, but...Is Lÿka going to be strictly Amarican Street Ring,
or - since she's 99% genetically good-to-go (it sounds) - are you going to
SchH her?

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kristen Cabe said:
What is going on in the first and last pictures??
He's on a tie-out on his harness with a spring and a quick-release on a pole, decoy agitates n frustrates n makes the dog miss, then gives him a bite n pulls backwards, the dog is lifted off the ground by his harness, if he comes off the bite he loses it, it develops his grip and teaches him to come up to strike because the line on the pole guides him upwards when he hits the spring on the end of the line. It's similar to the concept of bungie work but set up a little differently... then for his last bite you pull the quick release n run him 30 or 40ft with the sleeve in his mouth, the decoy has a leash attached to the sleeve n keeps tension on the sleeve while the dog is running n then lets the dog win n carry the sleeve to the crate. If the dog drops it before he gets to the crate the decoy steals the sleeve n agitates again.

Some of the dogs I've seen on that thing will be pulled up 4ft off the ground n not let go of the sleeve, the dogs are taught to strike higher rather than going in low, stopping, then jumping up to bite.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Pretty cool. I couldn't really see what was happening in the pictures (don't know if it's my monitor or if the pictures are just kind of dark, but whatever). I've never seen anything quite like that before, so I just didn't know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts