Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fBhtiLH4Ik

Alright I run a big risk of getting beat up over this by Konnie. She had just gotten back from the Beauty Spa and I begged her to train. Her hair looks pretty and her training outfit doesn't quite seem appropriate for training, but she's a gamer and doing awesome with the pups. Look at those flip flops:))

Crash is about 40 lbs of power and intensity. One of my favorite pups I have bred and was so right away.
Bryan

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I've got to run to work so I didn't get to see the whole video, but flip flops on a tile floor with a pulling pup...you're a brave woman! :D

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I've got to run to work so I didn't get to see the whole video, but flip flops on a tile floor with a pulling pup...you're a brave woman! :D
Well, he is backtied to a post, so that helped, but you can tell I'm trying not to end up on my rear due to the flip-flops. The video is embarrassing enough without me falling on my rear :oops:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Konnie, I thought that you told me that you can't do USAR with a dog that has bite training? Does this mean that you are no longer planing on doing USAR with Crash?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Konnie, I thought that you told me that you can't do USAR with a dog that has bite training? Does this mean that you are no longer planing on doing USAR with Crash?
konnie knows more than i do, but i know my clubs TD has started her bitch as a disaster dog. She was started in mondio i believe and is doing schutzhund right now. In fact, i am planning on taking my dog to a rubble pile in milwaukee this summer.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
You can do bitework with a USAR dog. In fact, I know several people who do it. My USAR training mentor's last USAR dog was a SchH 3. However, there are some major differences in the basic foundation training for USAR vs. sport protection. The trainer/handler and trainer/decoy need to fully understand the goals and training of each discipline for it to work. In the end, the sport protection work must take a back seat to the SAR training. And, on top of that, the dog must be completely clear-headed.

Some SAR groups won't allow bite trained dogs on their teams. The FEMA USAR teams have no such restriction.

·
Registered
161 Posts
So you are calling Milwaukee a rubble pile??
i believe Milwaukee is the most segregated city in the country and the contrast in housing from the suburbs to the city are illustrative of the racial borders. And now that you mention it, I guess the public schools i've seen in the poor areas would probably work pretty well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts