Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fBhtiLH4Ik

Alright I run a big risk of getting beat up over this by Konnie. She had just gotten back from the Beauty Spa and I begged her to train. Her hair looks pretty and her training outfit doesn't quite seem appropriate for training, but she's a gamer and doing awesome with the pups. Look at those flip flops:))

Crash is about 40 lbs of power and intensity. One of my favorite pups I have bred and was so right away.
Bryan

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I've got to run to work so I didn't get to see the whole video, but flip flops on a tile floor with a pulling pup...you're a brave woman! :D

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I've got to run to work so I didn't get to see the whole video, but flip flops on a tile floor with a pulling pup...you're a brave woman! :D
Well, he is backtied to a post, so that helped, but you can tell I'm trying not to end up on my rear due to the flip-flops. The video is embarrassing enough without me falling on my rear :oops:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Konnie, I thought that you told me that you can't do USAR with a dog that has bite training? Does this mean that you are no longer planing on doing USAR with Crash?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Konnie, I thought that you told me that you can't do USAR with a dog that has bite training? Does this mean that you are no longer planing on doing USAR with Crash?
konnie knows more than i do, but i know my clubs TD has started her bitch as a disaster dog. She was started in mondio i believe and is doing schutzhund right now. In fact, i am planning on taking my dog to a rubble pile in milwaukee this summer.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
You can do bitework with a USAR dog. In fact, I know several people who do it. My USAR training mentor's last USAR dog was a SchH 3. However, there are some major differences in the basic foundation training for USAR vs. sport protection. The trainer/handler and trainer/decoy need to fully understand the goals and training of each discipline for it to work. In the end, the sport protection work must take a back seat to the SAR training. And, on top of that, the dog must be completely clear-headed.

Some SAR groups won't allow bite trained dogs on their teams. The FEMA USAR teams have no such restriction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.