Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Very nice pictures. Interesting theme - looks like alot of work went into "building" that ship. That parrot on the one guys shoulder would send one of my dogs into a frenzy. Thanks for sharing - congrats on a successful trial.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The theme was "pirates of the carribean". A friend of one of the club members was a set designer in New York. She thought of the design of the ship. It was a lot of work but it paid of. Funny, the guy with the parrot was the judge and no dogs seemed distracted by it. What really got them was the fish ballon floating around the field!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was a cave. The search and bark took place there and also the change of postions. Pictures don't do it justice, but it had treasure chests, gold piece and squeky plastic rats. Jeff is the very tall blond guy with the dark malinois.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Emily Achenbach said:
That was a cave. The search and bark took place there and also the change of postions. Pictures don't do it justice, but it had treasure chests, gold piece and squeky plastic rats. Jeff is the very tall blond guy with the dark malinois.
Oh, OK! Very cool.

Yes, we thought that was Jeff -- just checking.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm impressed! That looks like so much fun, very nice pictures!

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Fun photos! Unfortunately for Jeff, I really want to move back to Colorado after I finish vet school. No more Missouri for me! Hmmm...if you can't beat him, join him? :roll:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Jeff Oehlsen said:
We'll find you a dog when you get here.
Maren, if he tells you to show up alone beneath an overpass on I-70 in a deserted parking lot on a winter night, that's typical. In my experience.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Oh, and nice pics, Emily! Thank you for sharing. Pic #30, love the detail, pretty GSD. Very nice shots. Even did justice to Buko's teeth.

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
Quote:Maren, if he tells you to show up alone beneath an overpass on I-70 in a deserted parking lot on a winter night, that's typical. In my experience.

We really do train there. The little Mary's wouldn't come out that night 'cause it was cold. Emily had some stupid test, although I think that was BS as well.

Got the decoy cert coming up in May, time to get in shape and start reading up on the rules Woody!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Woody! I wish it was my camera...but it belongs to another club member :( No matter what Jeff says...I did have a test the night you were here...believe me I much rather work dogs than calculate Ecells in chemistry. Are you going to try to become a certified decoy?

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
If you have any free Mals you'd like to just give away, I'd be glad to take it off your hands...barring that they aren't as nuts as you, of course...

But really though, what's worse? Someone who's new to sport (but not new to dogs) dropping several grand for a nice GSD or Mal or whatever pup with impeccable bloodlines and taking a chance on not having it be as good as it can be because of novice handler error or learning a few things on a dog that is pretty much a little too much to just be a pet, but not a superstar? If you get your parents to buy you a brand new Mustang for your 16th birthday instead of paying for a hand me down Toyota yourself, do you appreciate a BMW as much when you can afford it? Probably not. Nothing wrong with the Toyota though in its own right, if it gets to where you'd like to go.

After all, keep in mind that I didn't get Zoso from the shelter with the intent on turning him into a sport prospect. I just wanted a nice hiking buddy who would bark when someone was at the door. It was when he kept grabbing my Aussie mix by the scruff of the neck and hauling him down to the ground while running at about 20-25 mph at about 12-14 months of age where I had to reconsider my "just a pet" viewpoint and get him into something more physical. In a few years, I'd love to get a really nice pup from good lines and work with them from the ground up, but I don't have the time or money at the moment. So Jeff, don't feel like you have to complain about my dog on my behalf. I currently couldn't handle much more than I got as far as time commitment goes, so that's just fine by me not having a superstar dog at the moment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts