Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I have been reading here for quite some time. Thought I would go ahead and post a bio.

My name is Amanda, I am from Dallas, Texas. Living in Jacksonville, North Carolina for the last 2 years. I have two dogs. A pet boxer, Piper. She was 2 years old in November. I also have a Doberman Pinscher named Rommel who was 1 year old in November.

I have been a member of our Schutzhund Club here since last December, so I am pretty new to the sport. Rommel and I have been figuring out the sport together, he has taught me alot about what I dont know!! haha. He is a "newspaper puppy" yep... I bought him out of the newspaper before I knew any better, but I have spent the last year researching and learning as much about the breed as possible. My grandmother had a dobie when I was growing up, and that is what really led me to the breed, then Rommel led me to the Sport of Schutzhund. He is a hard worker, I really got lucky with him.

I am also importing a puppy from Van Schulyenburcht Dobermann Kennel in the Netherlands. She will be here this Friday. Her mother is Quinty Van Schulyenburct and her father is Icon Ginga House. Here is a link to her pedigree on DVIN website. http://www.dobermannvereniging.nl/modules/pedigree/pedigree.php?pedid=171025 Her name is Ziris. I am very excited, and have high hopes for our success together.

So....there ya go. Thats all I know! :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
Great! Nice to see more dobie people in the sport. Also, if you have not found it yet, check out the forum at www.usadobermann.com. There are several really knowledgable dobie people in your area, both in schutzhund and in french ring.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
What Amanda no pictures? Welcome, kinda funny saying that to you, seeing how you told me about this forum :eek: About time you posted your introduction :p

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha....you should know better than to get me started on pictures. :D

Okay...here goes...

Here is Rommel at 9 weeks playing with Lacey (That one is just for you Lace...hehe)

Rommel & I Tracking

About a month ago

In the Woods

My Boxer - Piper (Yes she is tiny...only 32lbs full grown...she was the runt)

Piper & Rommel...(Go ahead and laugh) :D

and finally......

Ziris

Ziris Again

There ya go.......pictures!! :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi Amanda! I am a Dobie fan, too. We lost our boys last year (at 13 and 14 years of age) and we have GSDs now. But, I WILL get me another Dobe one of these days!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome to the US of A to Ziris Van Schulyenburcht . She acted as if she "owned the place" once out of the crate at Air Cargo and every where else we stopped on the long drive home. Very confident and good looking pup. I know you'll be sharing pictures soon (hint, hint). Congrats Amanda! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts