Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I recognize quite a bit of folks here. Thank you Lacey for sending me the link about this board. I don't have much time at all to even use the restroom let alone go on boards. But looks like I'll enjoy this one so I'll be sure to check it as often as I can.

BTW almost forgot, I'm Chris Duhon from Lake Charles, Louisiana. I use to be involved in ASR and was an ASR decoy, however I have retired from trial decoying and much rather just goto a show as a competitor or spectator. I am not tied to any one sport, but plan to goto 2 mondio trials Abilene and Hutto later this year, and towards the end of the year and next year I have a Czech line GSD that I am starting on schutzhund and for schutzhund. I don't have much time for trials and dog sports, but do support them and which ever anyone chooses, but I hope to meet some of you who I haven't yet met possibly at a show or two this year.

~CHRIS DUHON

·
Registered
759 Posts
You'll fit right in with Mondio, Chris!
They wear all kinds of funny stuff, no one will even notice the pink tu-tu!

Sorry.....could'nt resist. Glad to see you here, though :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
ha, Chris, I have a picture for your avatar... (evil grin)

Now that you're here, everyone wants pics of Neeka's babies! Regular updates!

·
Registered
269 Posts
yeah don't withhold puppies on us! :) We are BIG puppy people... Right Lacey?

·
Registered
415 Posts
yeah don't withhold puppies on us! :) We are BIG puppy people... Right Lacey?
Chris~
Good to see ya man! I almost didn't recognize you in the wranglers and the ten gallon hat that you had on in the pictures that you sent Lacey. Say hello to Penny and the kids for Celia and I. I look forward to talking with you soon. Glad to see that life post military is treating you well. And yes, by all means, share the puppy info. ~Justin

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Really good to see you here Chris:smile: Dog sports lost a really good decoy, when you decided to hang up the suit....but maybe one day (I'm hoping) you'll have a change of heart.....;)

I got to see one picture of Neeka's (Fountaine d'Or Neeka) puppies....gonna need some more though. Who's the sire?

Your other pictures look great as well Chris....I envy you with all those horses - really glad your doing so well after military life. Definitely looks like your having some great times.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys, thanks to all for the welcome. I think I actually feel welcomed, LOL!!

Yes, Lacey, I'v hung up the suit as a trial decoy, and don't see myself ever again stepping onto a trial field. I don't ever want to be a trial decoy, Board member, official or anything of the sort with anything again [-X . Much better and more enjoyable to just go and spectate, or trial a dog every once and a while. Thats as far as me and any sport will ever go again.

fill me in on your dogs, get some vids, or something, I want to see those monsters work!! I know you had some really good dogs.

I'll be taking some new pics of the pups this week. The infamous Atos (Ken Hungerfords dog) is the sire. He is by far the most awesome working dog I
have laid my eyes on. He would have trialed to ASR III super easily. I decoyed this dog for 2 yrs, and we worked this dog on ASR III tasks and pressure everytime we trained. He had it, but Ken was always to busy to travel to a trial, and when he hosted one, he had to work it from top to bottom, plus the decoy situation for a ASR III trial was a little difficult to work, when there were only 2 decoys that could do a level III trial and he was one of them:-( This dog I have no doubt would have got an excellent rating in the level III. Justin I believe is familiar with Atos. Heres a page for him on my website. http://www.southernqualityk9.com/K9_for_sale_atos.html

I went on a nature horseback ride today with a buddy of mine. We rode 30miles today cross country not on roads, through some ponds, crossed some deep and steep canals, and just had a blast, Ok, sorry I'm rubbing it in aren't I, LMAO!! sorry just messing with you, but we did do that it was a blast today.

~CHRIS DUHON

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Yes, Lacey, I'v hung up the suit as a trial decoy, and don't see myself ever again stepping onto a trial field. I don't ever want to be a trial decoy, Board member, official or anything of the sort with anything again . Much better and more enjoyable to just go and spectate, or trial a dog every once and a while. Thats as far as me and any sport will ever go again.
Tell us how you really feel why dontcha ;)

Welcome Chris!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just a quick note on Atos... Very nice dog, very fast, full hard bites, very solid nerves and clear headed. Although I did not have the opportunity to catch him, I have watched him in person and on video. He brings it every time. I believe he is a Czhech Dog who's lines go back to Elgos (if I am not mistaken he is SCH III, IPO III, ASR I- Chris correct me if I am wrong.) As for Neeka (Jason FRIII daughter NARA Champ)... Very nice female, also very fast, nice grips, social and clear headed, but will go civil, handles pressure extremely well, a very versatile female, (Last I heard- ASR I with a rating of excellent and training for other venues.) with a nice working pedigree. The puppies should be very nice. ~Justin
PS~ Chris do you need a publicist?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Justin,
Thanks for the assessment. Give me a call man, my number is still the same. Likewise tell Celia and the kids hello for me.

~CHRIS DUHON

·
Registered
415 Posts
PM it to me Bro! You may want to check that feature. Not sure if I still have it~Justin

1 - 20 of 32 Posts