Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without words like pixels, can anyone tell me if the Kodak EasyShare C340 digital camera would be the most simple (and cheap) digital camera around?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
i have not used a kodak, but keep in mind "simple" is pretty subjective. i have used canon, nikon, and sony cameras. the sony seemed to have the most intuitive menus, with the canon second and the nikon third. the nikon probably takes the best pictures of the cameras even though it's only 5 MP. the canon and sony i have are 7 MP. the nikon has always impressed me. it takes some experience to get the feel of the menus, but it's worth it.

if by simple you mean "cheap", then i would look at casios. i have heard they are decent for the money...

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have not used a kodak, but keep in mind "simple" is pretty subjective. i have used canon, nikon, and sony cameras. the sony seemed to have the most intuitive menus, with the canon second and the nikon third. the nikon probably takes the best pictures of the cameras even though it's only 5 MP. the canon and sony i have are 7 MP. the nikon has always impressed me. it takes some experience to get the feel of the menus, but it's worth it.

if by simple you mean "cheap", then i would look at casios. i have heard they are decent for the money...
No, I meant simple as in "never used a digital camera in my life" simple.... so picture quality and nice extras are something I don't want to learn yet.

So "cheap" meant basic, with no niceties that I would have to learn.

For now. :smile:

Menus?

Uh-oh.

So there is no "point and click" option?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
sure, there are point and shoot settings, but you'll tire quickly of those and want to explore the other things. also, being able to delete pictures on the camera is a menu type task, so i doubt you'll be able to completely stay away from menus...

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Don't know about that one but I have a Sony Cyber-shot that suits me fine. The only thing about some of the digis that I don't like is the delay between pressing the button and the shutter opening.
That may be something in the past though. My camera is a couple of yrs old.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sure, there are point and shoot settings, but you'll tire quickly of those and want to explore the other things. also, being able to delete pictures on the camera is a menu type task, so i doubt you'll be able to completely stay away from menus...
OH!

OK, I getcha.

OK. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I have an Olympus Stylus 600. It's a point and shoot piece of crap and I hate it. When you push the button to take the picture it's like delayed or something, so the picture you wind up getting isn't the shot you were trying to take. Sucks big time.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an Olympus Stylus 600. It's a point and shoot piece of crap and I hate it. When you push the button to take the picture it's like delayed or something, so the picture you wind up getting isn't the shot you were trying to take. Sucks big time.
Sounds like what Bob was saying.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have always had Sony camera's and they are VERY easy to use IMO. I have never had a kodak, so I cant really comment on them. I have heard great things about Nikon, as far as picture quality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts