Working Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone here's a good chances are story. I went to the airport today in Raleigh NC. to pick up my friend Steve so he could get his house and move down here from IL. As we were driving on I-40 a black Chevy Cobalt pullued up next to us & started driving kind of eratic. Moving ahead & slowing down. Pulling in front of us, slowing down ect. It did this for several miles. The driver was a white female & the passenger was a white male. I started getting kinda pissed & since I was off duty, out of my juristiction & in my Own vehicle I called the State Troopers. I gave them the information on the car & they told me they would have a Trooper stop the car. Well the next thing that happend was the idiot tries to take off the front of my Jeep which is marked Working K-9 Keep Back. That would tell me maby some sort of L.E.O. officer might be driving. I call the state dispatch back & they inform me the have a Trooper waiting for us up the interstate. I advise them that there is military Gear in the vehicle so they were probally going to be getting of before where the Trooper was set up, which they did. The dispatcher asked if I could follow & I was more than happy to do so while the Trooper headed my way. The car pulled into a gas station. I passed by & turned around just out of sight & waited. The dispatcher told me the Trooper was on the off ramp so I moved up & when they saw me pull in they took off. The trooper pulled them a little ways up the road. I pulled up behind him to keep an eye out & help him out if he needed any. He got the driver out, sat her in his car. He went up to the front of the vehicle I thought to check her inspection but, he was getting her V.I.N.. He then pulled out the passenger put him in cuffs & sat him down on the side of the road as another Trooper pulled up. I thought kinda strange for a minor stop but, what the hell. I got out & asked what was up. The second Trooper told me that the tag on the vehicle was stolen & the driver had no license. I advised him I had my dog & I'd run him on the car if they wanted. He told me hell yea. As I was getting my dog out another Trooper pulled up. The plot thickins. I run my boy around the car, no hit. Damn. As I'm putting him away another trooper pulls up. Now I know something is really up. The second trooper comes back over & tells me the driver is wanted in FL. on a fugitive warrant for grand theft auto, the car is stolen along with the plates. Plus she gets another charge for lying to the Troopers. Only thing that would have made the stop better would have been if my boys ass had hit the ground & some sort of dope would have been in the car. Chances are. :smile:

·
Registered
705 Posts
that was some funny shit!!!!! glad i was there to witness:p :p :p first day in nc and this is what i get

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Ya gotta love it, a moron born every minute. Of course that is job security.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Well everyone here's a good chances are story. I went to the airport today in Raleigh NC. to pick up my friend Steve so he could get his house and move down here from IL. As we were driving on I-40 a black Chevy Cobalt pullued up next to us & started driving kind of eratic. Moving ahead & slowing down. Pulling in front of us, slowing down ect. It did this for several miles. The driver was a white female & the passenger was a white male. I started getting kinda pissed & since I was off duty, out of my juristiction & in my Own vehicle I called the State Troopers. I gave them the information on the car & they told me they would have a Trooper stop the car. Well the next thing that happend was the idiot tries to take off the front of my Jeep which is marked Working K-9 Keep Back. That would tell me maby some sort of L.E.O. officer might be driving. I call the state dispatch back & they inform me the have a Trooper waiting for us up the interstate. I advise them that there is military Gear in the vehicle so they were probally going to be getting of before where the Trooper was set up, which they did. The dispatcher asked if I could follow & I was more than happy to do so while the Trooper headed my way. The car pulled into a gas station. I passed by & turned around just out of sight & waited. The dispatcher told me the Trooper was on the off ramp so I moved up & when they saw me pull in they took off. The trooper pulled them a little ways up the road. I pulled up behind him to keep an eye out & help him out if he needed any. He got the driver out, sat her in his car. He went up to the front of the vehicle I thought to check her inspection but, he was getting her V.I.N.. He then pulled out the passenger put him in cuffs & sat him down on the side of the road as another Trooper pulled up. I thought kinda strange for a minor stop but, what the hell. I got out & asked what was up. The second Trooper told me that the tag on the vehicle was stolen & the driver had no license. I advised him I had my dog & I'd run him on the car if they wanted. He told me hell yea. As I was getting my dog out another Trooper pulled up. The plot thickins. I run my boy around the car, no hit. Damn. As I'm putting him away another trooper pulls up. Now I know something is really up. The second trooper comes back over & tells me the driver is wanted in FL. on a fugitive warrant for grand theft auto, the car is stolen along with the plates. Plus she gets another charge for lying to the Troopers. Only thing that would have made the stop better would have been if my boys ass had hit the ground & some sort of dope would have been in the car. Chances are. :smile:
couple questions...

1) why is your personal vehicle marked "working K-9"? seems likely to do more harm than good.

2) doesn't your department have a policy regarding outside assists for other agencies? doesn't your department require watch commander approval for all outside assists?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Jeep marked because I take my dog everywhere with me & most people tend to leave it alone & keep as far away as they can. I also plan on taking other working dogs places with me as I get them to train & I would rather not have someone get bit on accident. My department doesn't have a policy about helping outside agencies because I haven't written it yet. I will be the first handler at my Sheriff's office when I get out of school in a couple of weeks. I ran my boy more for the training side of things because of all the distractions involved with the stop. He is certified though. Well it's lunch time. Later Tim.

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
MAYBE, it would have even been better if they would have resisted and you could have shot them while screaming Yee-ha! and siccing the dog on them.

You could have had hours of fun, joyfully recalling their screams and slapping your knee.

Road rage gone bad would have been a better title.

I guess it is nice that it turns out that they stole the car, but other than that, pretty much a dick move. Like we are not losing freedoms by the bushelfull everyday.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm woundering the same thing about the "dick move". Maby I should have let it go & the next person they screwed with at 75mph with their family wrecked. Killing not only them but, a few others would have been better. If that is losing freedom explain to me how. Never say that I take any freedoms from anyone. I take it as a personal insult. I served In the military & as a law enforcement officer. I have worked over seas in Iraq as a civilian bomb tech. doing a job to protect our troops from harm destroying captured enemy ordnance 200 tons at a time. Putting my ass on the line every time I rolled out the gate with a bounty on my head. But I guess I'm taking some poor dirt bags freedom away by making it a little safer for the next guy. NEVER INSULT ME AGAIN by saying anything about me taking someones freedom away. I'm not the one. I don't know all the rules on this site because I'm new to it. As far as what I put on my vehicle, my concern, no one elses. Depending how many dogs I have I do use crates. If I only have my boy he stays out. I have never said anything out of the way to anyone on this site so I'll make this real clear. Don't do it to me. I put the story up so that other cops would maby share some of their stories that's all. If you don't like it don't reply. That simple. By the way thanks Lou I guess some people rather let things slide & some poor bystander pay the price with their life when it could have been prevented.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Good story Mike - props for getting yet another criminal off of 40 before they or someone else got really hurt or worse.

As for the marking of a POV - I personally have never done it or never would but then I've seen more then a few bumpers and windows being smashed out of POV's that have been identifiable as Po-Po vehicles. There are enough idiots out here that'll shoot at and assault a cop in uniform in an issued marked vehicle - been there....had it done to me. I sure don't wanta put a sign on me when I'm off duty and advertise. That being said.....this is the good ol' USA - land that I love - and we have that freedom here - until a SOP negates it:smile: or worse...a bad experience.

Unless they've changed things in the year I've been retired (in NC)....a written mutual aid agreement is suppose to be signed between the Chief/Sheriff/Head Honcho of agencies you will be "sharing" aid with.....except of course in emergency type situations (to prevent loss of life or serious injury) - first thing a court or lawyer will ask to see. There were very very few call-outs that I did not take the time to let the "brass" know what was up.....always good to CYA......but then no doubt Mike is well aware of it working for the County he usta work for;)

I don't see where anyone's rights or freedom was infringed upon because of Mike's actions..... I'm sure the owner of the stolen vehicle would agree but more importantly The Supreme Court of the USA agrees;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Don't hold your breath Lou... Jeff, like a Jackal, thought that he saw weakness and closed in to scavenge. No rights were violated, no policies broken, and no freedoms lost. A dumb crook who was wanted, was acting like an idiot on the road, and the State Troopers were called. The dumb crook was arrested... Justice served. What's the big deal? Who cares if his POV was marked? The vehicle does not say"SHERIFF" or "POLICE", it says "Caution K-9". I may not do the same thing, but if Mike feels that it may reduce some amount of liability, so be it. The dogs traveling in Mike's vehicle are almost always "crated". In the State of North Carolina, anytime an LEO requests assistance from a civillian or LEO (from another jurisdiction), should the person who has been asked accept, they have every power that the LEO who requested assistance from them does. Some refer to it as being "Deputized". In this case, Mike is a sworn LEO in the State of North Carolina, and therefore he has every right to accept or offer assistance. Leave it to Shorty Shorts to sucker punch someone yet again. ~Justin

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mike~
You did nothing wrong, you need not explain yourself any further. As Lacy said, the United States "Supreme Court" agrees... So do I, and as you will find on this board, so will many others. There is always an exception... the 10% 'ers. Later Bro! ~Justin
PS~ Thanks for picking Goose up from the Airport.

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
Lets take the story the other way, as I have been driving since I was pretty young. Now I just know that you have always followed all the safety rules on the road and never did anything even remotely foolish.

You were off duty and driving down the road in a vehicle marked saying that you are a cop. I know that the entire planet should just drop down to their knees and thank heaven that you are making such sacrifices for the country, of course you never mention the fact that now one asked you to do this, and that you went out of your way to volenteer for these things, so really, whoopie do. Sorry, I was in the military, and don't make every negative post towards me some big cry fest about my sacrifices.

So anyway, yeah they stole a car, but again, what if they hadn't??? Young kids drive fast and think that guys that have cop stickers on their cars are jerk-offs. Maybe you never did at that age, but I know a lot that did.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
759 Posts
Michael, I'll help you out here, because you are new to the board and all...

Jeff has exclusive rights to do all kinds of things.
He seems to come up with these things at random. The one he seems to exercise most frequently is his right to create his own spelling of words. Other rights come and go. Apparently wreckless driving is a new addition. Among other things I think he can fly.
His "x-ray vision" is just assumed.

For the most part, we smile and nod and use his mis-spelled words when addressing him so that he'll understand. It's like "just going with it" when a kid comes up to you and says "Kasdkji meep spog, leorn amdort cookie".
Just give him the cookie, it's faster.

Hope that helps.

-Kristina

PS- Jeff, no harm intended. Admit it...you'd take the cookie.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Jeff~
It's my understanding that these nuckle heads were driving C&R for several miles "dicking" with Mike, who was driving in his vehicle, and placing him and his passenger and dog in danger. I guess that because you say so, people should not contact Law Enforcement when they see something dangerous. And.. because you say so, it was a "Dick Move". If you were any more insecure with your own masculinity, you would be wearing a tu-tu, instead of wearing the get up from the old "Nair" commercials. I have learned through experience, that many cops can be "jerk-offs", but many more are not. Why do you assume that the "kids" were just being kids, and therefore, **** who ever gets killed on the highway because of it? You are a slime bag Jeff. What kind of deep seated feelings do you harbor, that you have such a deep seated disdain for "Cops". Therapy Jeff... Therapy. Nobody cares if you were proud or not proud of your service, or if you think that you are supperior to everyone else. You are such a little human being, and everyone here knows it and sees it. You poor pathetic little man. ~Justin

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
For the most part, we smile and nod and use his mis-spelled words when addressing him so that he'll understand. It's like "just going with it" when a kid comes up to you and says "Kasdkji meep spog, leorn amdort cookie".
Just give him the cookie, it's faster.

PS- Jeff, no harm intended. Admit it...you'd take the cookie.
=D>Now that I would find funny, even if it was and can be directed at me as well.

·
Banned
1,395 Posts
I'm woundering the same thing about the "dick move". Maby I should have let it go & the next person they screwed with at 75mph with their family wrecked. Killing not only them but, a few others would have been better.
No, Mike. You did the right thing.

If that is losing freedom explain to me how.
I doubt that we'll get an explanation. I've read your initial post several times and I still can' see any one losing any freedoms.

I take it as a personal insult.
I would too but you'll find that allowing such comments to raise your blood pressure won't do you any good. It's not worth it.

As far as what I put on my vehicle, my concern, no one elses.
Some people think it IS their business. They're wrong of course, but it doesn't stop them from running their mouths.

By the way thanks Lou I guess some people rather let things slide & some poor bystander pay the price with their life when it could have been prevented.
Right again. Few people will bother to get involved. Again, you did the right thing and it would up with the arrest of a felon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.