Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Thanks for posting this video. I have never heard of the "messengerdog", but after seeing this video, I looked it up, it looks very interesting as well as fun.

303 Posts
Very very interesting, Erik. Kinda like the trials of the olden days and similar to the Finnish Working Trial System... Tracking done in actual forests and messenger trials on rough and long terrains. I wonder if they still do bitework ambush style in forests or train stations...

http://www.naavaparran.com/eng/low/trials.html

Best regards...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All nordic countries, at least Sweden,finland and norway have the same/similar workingdog trials, messengerdogs or practical search/tracking in various terrain. I think Sweden is the only country where the traditional protectionprogramm is still performed. It´s have it´s background in the dogs trained for wars, and therefore more practical than SCH for example, even if it was a long time since messengerdogs were used in wars, it´s a have lived on like a competition nowadays.

303 Posts
Decoy does not offer any arm instead raises his weaponed arm to whack the dog as it approaches, dog takes on weaponed arm neutralizing decoy. Must the dog always take the upper arm, or could it take the toids, armpit or any body part out of harm's way?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When the decoy has the sleeve on the dogs take the arm, upper or lower arm doesn´t matter, when the sleeve is on it´s the decoys job to make sure the protected sleeve-arm is between him and the dog. In the muzzlework the dog is allowed to hit any bodypart, upperbody in general.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts