Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna go meet Cesar Millan tomorrow! It's just going to be an autograph signing, but I'm all excited about it!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't agree with all of his stuff, but for pet dog stuff, he is pretty amazing. I actually enjoy watching him:oops:.
...\\:D/Go get your sign on Girl!!!\\:D/...;) ~Justin

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
I'm gonna go meet Cesar Millan tomorrow! It's just going to be an autograph signing, but I'm all excited about it!
Cool!

"Back in the day," his seminars were easy to attend (and cheap), with room for everyone's dogs......

But he deserves every bit of his fame and fortune, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't agree with all of his stuff
I don't either.
1) the same goal can be achieved in about the same time frame, but with much less stress on the dog
2) I get MAD when he calls a high prey drive dog "aggressive" especially when it's not doing anything aggressive :roll eyes: A high-prey drive dog can bite and be dangerous w/o being "aggressive."

But, his show gives people hope, and then they pay me money. Before he made it big, people didn't believe me that an aggressive dog could be rehabilitated.

So...
I saw that the show is looking for submissions in my area and one specific they mentioned was dog trainers that have a problem dog.

I was thinking about submitting a tape on Kado the crazy man who can run and run on the treadmill until I think he's going to fall over and die but then he'll take off after the nearest prey item (like throw pillows) :roll eyes: dumb dog. He confused a bar of soap with food. TWICE. (Yeah, dumb me for putting him the bathroom instead of the kennel. TWICE)

He is getting me well prepared for my theoretical future Mal.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Please be sure to hop on the computer when you get home & tell us how it was. Let him know that many of us are very grateful to him for showing pet owners that dogs with major issues/problems can be rehabilitated and don't have to written off as hopeless and destroyed. When you see him, can you ask him if he has ever trained a dog for one of our sports or if that is something he may one day try?

·
Registered
705 Posts
lol i dont think that SSHHH works as a command for most dog sports. lol just kiddin i like some of his stuff. but not all. i think he is just in it for the chicks.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O! That was too fun! We were about 200 people from the front of the line and there were about 1000 people behind us! We got inside just as it started to rain!

Cesar thought Abby was just the cutest thing (alright, I had her showing off her tricks) and he complimented my dog training student's dog's behavior (She was thrilled!).

We got 10 SECONDS to see Cesar so no chance to ask questions.

I carried my son (now 2 month old) in a sling and he slept through all 3 hours of waiting outdoors. :D Gotta love it!

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Cool, Anne! Did you get any pictures. I'm not too proud to admit I think he's got a gorgeous smile. =P~ *dedicated Cesar fangirl* :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Cool, Anne! Did you get any pictures. I'm not too proud to admit I think he's got a gorgeous smile. =P~ *dedicated Cesar fangirl* :mrgreen:
I'm not too proud either. Dedicated fangirl for many years..... :lol:

That guy is part dog, I swear. His demonstrations of dog behaviors are hilarious and incredibly realistic.

As he says, he was called "DogBoy" in Mexico. And "not in a good way." :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts