1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Neat dogs. Keep your insurance premiums up to date.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Jeff Oehlsen said:
These dogs are a huge liability. And in case anyone wonders, they are not supposed to stay on a bite, but move around like that.
Must make life interesting for the decoy.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Liability? Are you speaking in terms of inherent instability within the breed, or along the lines of being too much dog for most people?

Andy.

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
They are territorial, and not bred for a forgiving of a trespass temp. If you get bit in Russia, there is no suing. I know a Russian who went and got one. The dog is huge, and he cannot control it. It was unbelievably territorial at 7 months, and large enough to back it up. I know BS in a dog when I see it, and there wasn't any there. If I had gotten close enough I would have gotten bit. I decided not to deal with this dog, or this guy. Good times!!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Jeff, just wondering...that bite behavior they do show...it's just all focused on driving off, right? All defense, but more specifically, driving threats off instead of killing them?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Jeff Oehlsen said:
They are territorial, and not bred for a forgiving of a trespass temp. If you get bit in Russia, there is no suing. I know a Russian who went and got one. The dog is huge, and he cannot control it. It was unbelievably territorial at 7 months, and large enough to back it up. I know BS in a dog when I see it, and there wasn't any there. If I had gotten close enough I would have gotten bit. I decided not to deal with this dog, or this guy. Good times!!!!
I will never forget that Designer Dogs show on National Geographic with that 125 lb. (extremely paranoid) guy with the 200 lb. CO. He kept that thing in a fenced room inside his house, that dog dragged him around where ever it wanted to go. Absolutely no control over that thing. I would kill that dog if I were a neighbor. It was frightening as hell to think about something like that being around my kids.

·
Banned
11,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Again, I always thought that bite behavior was as much instinct as anything else. I thought their deal was to drive off stuff, not pin it down and kill it.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Jeff Oehlsen said:
Personally, with the way our laws get excedingly rediculous, we cannot afford to train a dog like this. I also don't care about the full calm grip crap we are always reading about to begin with. Sissy dogs in my opinion :lol: :lol:
Huh?

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
OK Woody, I will type slowly cause I know you don't read that fast.

The dog in the video bites and rebites in different areas for apparently no reason whatsoever. That would not be so good to have the Po-Po show up and the perp has like 30 bites all over his body.

And, no, I don't care about a full calm grip. I figured that BS out years ago. If they have it, fine, if they don't, fine. I am looking for other things.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I always enjoy watching the off breeds. Seems to be a rather shallow bite, & maybe because of that, comes off the sleeve rather fast, but I'm guessing it wouldn't matter in a real life situation with these big scarey dogs.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
No, my point was is that the dog resetting like that was not, to my understanding, trained behavior. It was instinctual.

Then why the hell did you have me petting Buko when he was on me? :lol:

Edited to say I'm just kidding. About Buko. Not about the Ovcharka bites.

·
Registered
528 Posts
(quote0I always thought that bite behavior was as much instinct as anything else. I thought their deal was to drive off stuff, not pin it down and kill it.{quote}

Make no mistake about it,a dog biting this way can kill.They will stay longer on the bite as the fight goes on.

If you come across one of these dogs you better have your .45 :wink: .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts