Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have nothing better to do, so I'm going to be nuisance and brag about little Bella. Today I took her to one of my appointments, she is doing great in the car now. Jumps out of it by herself and finally she jumped back into it today with out me having to pick her up and place her in it. I thought I was going to have to pick her up for a long time. Got lucky on this one.
Today she went into the building with me, got in an elevator no problem even when watching the doors open and close, she just walked right in. At the office she was exuberant to meet the lady and then settled in a little snooze infront of my feet for the remainer of the visit. Then we practised small outdoor cement steps. She had no problem. At home, she is afraid to use our stairs, but later today she tried and got halfway up them. She's good on all surfaces, slippery floors, carpets, and we went to the lake and she had no problems walking over tons of large stones and rocks and ignored the water, though.

·
Premium Member
21,868 Posts
Sounds like your having fun with her. Be careful with to much jumping with a GSD pup. Hips and elbows are pretty delecate for some time.

·
Banned
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob, I worry too about that. Thankgod I finally gave up my old van for a new little Saturn. With the back seats layed down it makes her jump out of the car just under her body length right now. So it's not pounding her joints at all. I'm just so happy she make the jump back into it. It seemed easy for her, so I'm not too worried about the height.
Now the stairs I hate. We have these stupid stairs that go up a few steps and then turn and go up really high and then turn again for a couple steps. At the first turn, the steps angle to just an inch on the inside of the bend. I hate these stairs. I'm terrified that she will fall down badly. But now she is beginning to try and follow me up today, so I have been trying to show her that danger area. I'm worried though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts