Working Dog Forums banner

burlap for puppies and young dogs

6K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Jack Martin 
#1 ·
I need some burlap for our Schutzhund club. We have a bunch of new puppies/yound dogs and it seems we can never find burlap. I went around to a couple of local places here in KY and I have found nothing. When I ask if they have any burlap sacks laying around, they look at me like I am crazy. I did find this website.

http://www.sackraces.com/order.html

What do you think about this? Any other suggestions?

#6 ·
Lynn Cheffins said:
you might want to try landscaping places - they use it for around root balls of trees, sheilding hedges, etc. Also try places that do upholstery - as it is used there also.
Home Depot has burlap-ish stuff for the purposes Lynn cites.

#11 ·
You could check with your local fire department.
My department has stacks of the burlap sandbags in case of flooding emergencies.

#13 ·
I can get as much as I want. I make my own tugs out of it and it has a good earthy smell to it which th dogs love. Plus it is food grade burlap, no chemicals or anything. Let me know if you need any, or I can make the tugs for ya, any size you want

#15 ·
I need some burlap for our Schutzhund club. We have a bunch of new puppies/yound dogs and it seems we can never find burlap. I went around to a couple of local places here in KY and I have found nothing. When I ask if they have any burlap sacks laying around, they look at me like I am crazy. I did find this website.

http://www.sackraces.com/order.html

What do you think about this? Any other suggestions?
Daniel~
I am not sure if you are in an urban or rural environment. I know that this is going to sound crazy, but my step-father owns a mobile catering business in Buffalo, NY. He owns lunch trucks that go from businesses and construction sites and sells food and coffee (donuts, sandwiches, chilli, tea, etc...) The coffee comes to him in burlap sacks. If you have any "roach coaches" (he hates that term, but that's what we called them in the Corps-LOL:p ), or lunch truck businesses in your area, you may want to check with them. You can probably get them for free or next to nothing if they receive them in burlap sacks like my step-dad does. Just a cost effective thought that may help you in your endeavor. Good luck. ~Justin

#16 ·
Coffee companies always have them. I get as many as I want for free. A local coffee company goes through 900 bags a week, and they are more than happy to get rid of them.. If you can't get them ,I could mail some to you, you would just have to pay shipping cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.