Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been braiding rope and leather for about 50 very long years now. I've started making up show leads and collar combos, clip leads and slip leads. All of the work is custom made to your specifications. It is also hand crafted. Hardware available is stainless steel, chrome plated, bronze and solid brass. Each lead and collar has a core of nylon parachute chord. Collars have one core and leads have two or three. All show leads consist of 6 strands of 1/8" leather and standard leads are 8 strands. The ends are extensively back-braided for added strength. I have used one of these leads to tow my pick-up across a paved parking lot. It did not break or stretch out of shape. There are many colors and combinations to choose from. All leads will have a brass ring in the handle. Regular 6" handle loops or 3" thumb loops available.

I've also got kangaroo leather lacing in stock. At the present time, I'm only making up show leads and collar combos with that. Colors available are black, white and natural (beige). The natural can be dyed and if I have the particular dye you want, there will be no extra charge. Otherwise, there will be a nominal fee to purchase the required color.

Delivery time is usually 5 business days from payment to completion.

Black, 5' long with 3 strand nylon core. Made up for Police K-9

Black w/one strand of white. Made up using kangaroo leather. Has already been used in the show ring

Show collar. Black with one strand of rust. Calf skin. Has already been used in the show ring. Available in kangaroo lace also

Prices are based on finished length and determined as follows:

Top Quality Calf skin leather: $0.83/inch, $2.00 postage n handling, $1.00 each for clips and/or rings.
Imported (of course) Kangaroo Leather: $1.20/inch, $2.00 postage n handling, $1.00 each for clips and/or rings.

Feel free to pm or email me with questions and (of course) orders

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interested Trainers and Breeders, contact me for quantity discount prices.

I've been braiding rope and leather for about 50 very long years now. I've started making up show leads and collar combos, clip leads and slip leads. All of the work is custom made to your specifications. It is also hand crafted. Hardware available is stainless steel, chrome plated, bronze and solid brass. Each lead and collar has a core of nylon parachute chord. Collars have one core and leads have two or three. All show leads consist of 6 strands of 1/8" leather and standard leads are 8 strands. The ends are extensively back-braided for added strength. I have used one of these leads to tow my pick-up across a paved parking lot. It did not break or stretch out of shape. There are many colors and combinations to choose from. All leads will have a brass ring in the handle. Regular 6" handle loops or 3" thumb loops available.

I've also got kangaroo leather lacing in stock. At the present time, I'm only making up show leads and collar combos with that. Colors available are black, white and natural (beige). The natural can be dyed and if I have the particular dye you want, there will be no extra charge. Otherwise, there will be a nominal fee to purchase the required color.

Delivery time is usually 5 business days from payment to completion.

Black, 5' long with 3 strand nylon core. Made up for Police K-9

Black w/one strand of white. Made up using kangaroo leather. Has already been used in the show ring

Show collar. Black with one strand of rust. Calf skin. Has already been used in the show ring. Available in kangaroo lace also

Prices are based on finished length and determined as follows:

Top Quality Calf skin leather: $0.83/inch, $2.00 postage n handling, $1.00 each for clips and/or rings.
Imported (of course) Kangaroo Leather: $1.20/inch, $2.00 postage n handling, $1.00 each for clips and/or rings.

Feel free to pm or email me with questions and (of course) orders

·
Registered
616 Posts
I ordered a training tab from Spence and must say.Just recieved this morning .. Very well made. I went home during lunch and did a quick OB session. The tab works great. Thank you so much Spence.

Regards

Mario

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do other people braid this stuff for dogs. I was just wondering because I have braided a little rawhide horse gear but never even thaought about braided dog equipment. I think the braiding patterns would be simmilar for some of it. if this post is still up in a couple weeks I would like to buy some stuff to use and also to look at braiding because im not very experienced and could probly learn something.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New! Dog Wallets

I received an order for these dog wallets from a SAR enthusiast.
They are designed to slide onto the collar and will hold the dog's tags and are large enough for a laminated ID. They measure 3"x2" roughly.
Kangaroo leather is the leather of choice because of it's strength and the ability to hold up in the field.
The leather is treated and conditioner is liberally added.
Hand stitched and cemented.
$13 each.
Order 10 for your club and receive 2 additional FREE.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Braided Leather Slip Collars

These collars were made up for two working K9s. They have a double woven nylon core. Wide choice of colors available. These are 24-28", calfskin and sell for $25/ea. Wide variety of colors available. They are NOT choke collars...won't release fast enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Heavy duty OB lead

Nothing fancy or pretty. Just a plain ole working dawg OB lead.

Made from well-oiled 1" latigo strips. It'll hold up to any weather, just hose it off, oil it every other use and hang it in the mud room. Grab it anywhere along it's length and you KNOW you've got your dog.

$3/foot, including heavy duty brass clip. - Minimum length 3'

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Heavy duty OB lead

Nothing fancy or pretty. Just a plain ole working dawg OB lead.

Made from well-oiled 1" latigo strips. It'll hold up to any weather, just hose it off, oil it every other use and hang it in the mud room. Grab it anywhere along it's length and you KNOW you've got your dog.

$3/foot, including heavy duty brass clip. - Minimum length 3'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't know how to edit the above, but I've had to increase the price of these leads to cover material costs.

New price: $4/foot, including clip - Minimum length 3 feet
Tab/Traffic leads: $4/foot plus $3 for clip.

Due to large amount of orders, lead time has been extended to about 2 weeks. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts