1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Really Good video's Konnie - although I really wonder who was actually tired - looks to me like the decoy was tired of getting his butt chewed on by Boss :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
But bite:)

Yes I was tired too, tired of havin my ass biten. That suit has NO padding there. It was a terrible decoy move on my part. I hadn't worked Boss in a while. He's such a fun dog in many regards for any level of decoy to work. He will bite anywhere and stay there. Yet, we have trained him to bite the pivot part of your movement. Good solid escape proof French Ring style work. So, If I move to my left, he will cut me off to my right.

I have a huge bruise on my arse now. But, the beating I take with his muzzle attack is worse. Look at the shots in the face and head I take. This is a not a friendly dog to the bad guy.

Seleena I emailed you a while ago on the pups pedigree and Boss's for some insight on what you may think makes Boss the incredible specimen he is.

His correct pedigree is Kukay's Rex, and Zahra Perle de Tourbiere, Zahra is a litter mate to Zarco Perle de Tourbiere, not ZIMBA as earlier thought.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, thanks
Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Re: But bite:)

Bryan Colletti said:
His correct pedigree is Kukay's Rex, and Zahra Perle de Tourbiere, Zahra is a litter mate to Zarco Perle de Tourbiere, not ZIMBA as earlier thought.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, thanks
Bryan
elgos grandson.....says it all....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: But bite:)

[elgos grandson.....says it all....[/quote]

Ya know, I have heard people Elgos grandsons are better than the sons. But, then is Kukay's Rex not that good of a dog?

Now, my other thought to that is Arco, Bronco and Eik Dp2 are in his pedigree several times, wouldn't they have more influence genetically than Elgos who is there only once?

From how I have had Arco described to me, Boss fits this pretty much, plus he looks like him too.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
keep in mind i have never personally seen any of those dogs. i'm only going off of what i've heard about them. i have heard that elgos is/was a very good dog and has produced himself equally as well. i have also heard of the perle de tourbiere lines and i know they have produced some nice dogs (some think the perle de tourbiere lines are too prey driven).

how old is your dog?

·
Registered
278 Posts
[
how old is your dog?[/quote]

This particular dog in the video is a retired dog of eight years. He is my friends dog, I'm his bite toy. He just comes out to training every once in a while to blow off steam and train people.

Concerning PdT lines, I prefer to stay Larco free if possible. Boss has prey drive of course, but what seperates him from is unflinching fight drive and nerve strength. A SWAT dog. He is not threatened by anyone or thing. Never a bark, growl or hackle for anything. Confront him with a fight, and it's on. We have tried for years to do sport with him, the owner simply doesn't want to destroy the dog to keep him clean enough for sport. We haven't found a situation yet weakens his drive to fight. He did manage to get a Brevet once, though he never knew it was a trial, crate to field, and oh lookie there a decoy:)

He has sent this confidence and sureness into his pups as evidence in earlier videos of these four month old pups cruising around a disaster site like alley cats playing tug. Just a blast to have him around.

Bryan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts