Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a bite suit for occasional scenario training and civil proofing. I currently have a hidden sleeve but was wondering if a full comp or semi-comp really gives that much of a different look than a fully hidden suit. By the time I pull a big sweatshit over the hidden sleeve I'm just wondering if there is that much of a profile difference to the dog.
Would a PSA suit like this be adequate for scenarioproofing and more versatile??

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am looking at getting a bite suit for occasional scenario training and civil proofing. I currently have a hidden sleeve but was wondering if a full comp or semi-comp really gives that much of a different look than a fully hidden suit. By the time I pull a big sweatshit over the hidden sleeve I'm just wondering if there is that much of a profile difference to the dog.
Would a PSA suit like this be adequate for scenarioproofing and more versatile??

A dog always knows there is equipment simply do to smell. A comp suit will let a dog feel your skin, muscles and ligaments moving and teach him how to fight you the person of the dog has the right temperament. I would say muzzle fighting on a passive decoy would be best for proofing. The only real proof is a live bite. I know a guy, who in his youth, would pay homeless drunks to take a live bite.

·
Registered
632 Posts
A dog always knows there is equipment simply do to smell. A comp suit will let a dog feel your skin, muscles and ligaments moving and teach him how to fight you the person of the dog has the right temperament. I would say muzzle fighting on a passive decoy would be best for proofing. The only real proof is a live bite. I know a guy, who in his youth, would pay homeless drunks to take a live bite.
Pretty sure I know that guy. 😄

1 - 6 of 6 Posts