Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070525/ap_on_fe_st/monster_pig

My question is...why did they let the kid kill it with a revolver of all things? It was a huge .50 cal, but still...then again, I read somewhere online that you can go bowhunting for polar bear for like 35K...of course, you're backed by native guides with high powered rifles. :roll:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow, I think I saw a show about the "Hogzilla" once. That thing is huge. Good question..... hhhhmmmm

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
where's Don T when we need him?? i'm sorry, but a boar-hog at 1100 lbs is just a bit much to have a kid popping at him w/a revolver. to me. i don't care how much back-up w/rifles from dad, etc.

i've seen what cattle that size can do when they've been irritated by deputies popping off at them w/handguns; a boar-hog that size???? uh-uh. not me anyway, call me a chickensh^t if you want to :)

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing is, I don't really mind people if they hunt deer or whatever with a good rifle or a good bow and use as much of the animal as possible, but they chased that thing for 3 hours and shot it 8 times? I haven't been shooting much (just fired my dad's Beretta, Luger, and a revolver), but I'd wager a rifle is just a wee bit more accurate than that .50 cal revolver or whatever. :-k To me, either be a man and go kill the pig with your bare hands and a knife or spear (not bloody likely, except maybe with a ton of hog dogs) or kill it cleanly and humanely with a rifle.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree Maren! I am not big into the whole hunting thing, I am not a vegetarian by any means. I just don't like to kill things myself!

·
Registered
580 Posts
That's not photoshopped. it was on Fox news tonight. Set a record, I think. They showed the state officials out measuring it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I wouldn't be anywhere near a pig that big... But it would make a lot of bacon! :)

·
Premium Member
21,868 Posts
It may not be photo shop but I'll bet that kids is 10ft behind the hog for a better visual.
Hogzilla was proven to be bs. I suspect this pic is also.

·
Premium Member
21,868 Posts
A large hog but a lot smaller. The NG program also showed how shadows cast on the photo were very suspect.

·
Registered
705 Posts
true this def isnt real. and its already been taxidermied. so cant prove it and fox news did not say it was real.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm surprised they even want to eat it as sausage. I always thought male wild pig had pretty bad meat, if it is sausage.

·
Registered
269 Posts
lol I couldn't have a head mounted on my wall! thats kinda creepy!

Nice one Jeff! lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts