Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070525/ap_on_fe_st/monster_pig

My question is...why did they let the kid kill it with a revolver of all things? It was a huge .50 cal, but still...then again, I read somewhere online that you can go bowhunting for polar bear for like 35K...of course, you're backed by native guides with high powered rifles. :roll:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
where's Don T when we need him?? i'm sorry, but a boar-hog at 1100 lbs is just a bit much to have a kid popping at him w/a revolver. to me. i don't care how much back-up w/rifles from dad, etc.

i've seen what cattle that size can do when they've been irritated by deputies popping off at them w/handguns; a boar-hog that size???? uh-uh. not me anyway, call me a chickensh^t if you want to :)

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing is, I don't really mind people if they hunt deer or whatever with a good rifle or a good bow and use as much of the animal as possible, but they chased that thing for 3 hours and shot it 8 times? I haven't been shooting much (just fired my dad's Beretta, Luger, and a revolver), but I'd wager a rifle is just a wee bit more accurate than that .50 cal revolver or whatever. :-k To me, either be a man and go kill the pig with your bare hands and a knife or spear (not bloody likely, except maybe with a ton of hog dogs) or kill it cleanly and humanely with a rifle.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree Maren! I am not big into the whole hunting thing, I am not a vegetarian by any means. I just don't like to kill things myself!

·
Premium Member
21,867 Posts
It may not be photo shop but I'll bet that kids is 10ft behind the hog for a better visual.
Hogzilla was proven to be bs. I suspect this pic is also.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm surprised they even want to eat it as sausage. I always thought male wild pig had pretty bad meat, if it is sausage.

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
This picture is totally real. Everyone knows that ******** cannot use photoshop that well. That hog head is gonna look great on the back of their trailor.

See, the secret is this hog is farm raised with special three mile island water.

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
No,no, This stuff happens all the time, not creepy at all, you can hang clothes and hats and all kinds of stuff on a head that big. Plus, you can use the teeth to open beer bottles.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.