Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out http://www.wiidamage.com/

Heard about it on the radio today n just had to check it out :lol:

For those of you who don't know what a Nintendo Wii is -- it's a new game console by Nintendo where instead of a conventional controller you have this motion sensitive thing in your hand, n to play a golf game for example, you needa stand in your living room and swing your arm like you're really swinging a golf club, car games you put your arms like you're holding a steering wheel n steer. Apparently people are accidentally letting go of the controllers on their swing n there's damages to be had, broken TV's, windows, glasses and such :lol: A friend of mine was considering a Wii for his 3 and 6 year old kids... maybe I should send him that link before he goes and gets them one! Nahhhhh.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
That is AWESOME. The guy who flicked his remote through the TV is my hero. He should ease up on the caffeine, I think.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Kinda reminds of injuries sustained from playing way too much Dance Dance Revolution. Though that's the only exercise some kids get so maybe I shouldn't complain.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
DDR is pretty good - I tried it once and what a workout! I even like the occassional game for a few minutes.

I cannot imagine buying a video game for kids in the 3 to 6 age range. Yikes. I guess in small doses they are ok and good for hand eye coordination but I do NOT like what I am seeing - - - I did not buy the things for my kids after I saw their friends turn into zombies and turning down outside real play with real people for the game.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's still amazing to me that kids in the 3-6 range can even play some of the videogames they do. All the advanced graphic and gameplay technology in the world at our fingertips, n i'd still rather play pacman. Zuma is pretty addictive too. I don't like having to think about a game beyond simple strategy, I do enough thinking already, why do I wanna relax by getting killed every 10 seconds because I suck at videogames? :lol: I'll go watch a movie or go out to dinner or even work dogs over a videogame any day.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha I just saw on the news that there's a recall on the Wii controllers for crappy straps n people throwing controllers thru their TV's... there's a shocker :lol:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Mike Schoonbrood said:
Ha I just saw on the news that there's a recall on the Wii controllers for crappy straps n people throwing controllers thru their TV's... there's a shocker :lol:
In all seriousness, that is AWESOME publicity for the console. People are getting so into the game and the action that they're smacking each other (and property) around. Contrast that with the average picture of some drooling monkey playing Xbox or PS3 for 15 hours straight without moving anything but their thumbs.

I really think this console and the gaming experience are totally different and they are targeting it the right way...play this, have fun, move around, get immersed in relatively simple and way fun games that many different ages can enjoy. You get exercise and you build hand-body-eye coordination with this thing...I can almost imagine Bob Scott doing the bowling game. Right before his JRT latches onto his swinging arm.

Well done, Nintendo. Well done!

Opportunity here for someone with a lot of down time and lots of dog time (cough, Mike). Design a dog training game for it.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woody Taylor said:
Opportunity here for someone with a lot of down time and lots of dog time (cough, Mike). Design a dog training game for it.
If the dog tries to bite you, hang him, if the dog doesn't sit, jerk the prong, if the dog doesn't down, smack him on the head. Pretty simple game if you ask me :lol: :lol: The final level can be training Selena's dogs.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Mike Schoonbrood said:
Woody Taylor said:
If the dog tries to bite you, hang him, if the dog doesn't sit, jerk the prong, if the dog doesn't down, smack him on the head. Pretty simple game if you ask me :lol: :lol: The final level can be training Selena's dogs.
See??? Actually, it would be kind of cool, if you think about the functionality of the remotes. Would make you a lot more aware of your posture, etc. Consistent corrections, flicking rewards, I love it. And yes, final dog is one that turns on you and/or bystanders if you do stuff wrong.

I love technology. Way cooler than real life.

Before someone primes up a heated response, I am {mostly} kidding.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Get yer a$$ outside and do some exercise and you wont have to worry about loosing that stuff because of a weak grip.
Dern new fangled, sit on yer A$$ and do nothin toys! (He says, as he two finger types his way through this post) :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Old finger typing Bob, if you had been raised a girl you would have had to take touch-typing in school with that horrid typing music in the background and some ancient withered prune of a woman standing over you ( it was not optional for my age group) .

.. of course I was NOT allowed to take shop (bummer) but had to take home economics - thankfully my grandad had all kinds of tools, my uncle worked at a lumberyard, and I had a lot of boy cousins so we built all kinds of things with scrap lumber.

Some things about change are better. (like letting girls take shop and boys home economics). But I agree, send the kids outside. I have seen 10 year old kids who are SCARED to go 50 feet in the woods. I knew a lady who did not know how to squat to pee. Don't tell me what an awful world it is out there. Go outside with them if you need to.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Would you believe that I was a company clerk when I was in the Army? Honest! I could almost do 25 words a min. Course that was before spelling mistakes and all that other nonsense.
Filling out the morning report had to be very acurate with no mistakes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
I had a nun for a typing teacher in highschool. I never could figure out how she expected me to type when she was constantly beating my fingers with that dern blackboard pointer. :roll: Crazy, frustrated old ladies!

·
Registered
595 Posts
On another technology note..... a coworker's wife got him the Ipod Shuffle for early Christmas. He gave me a listen and it is AWESOME SOUND!!!!!!

off to the mall to the Apple store

1 - 15 of 15 Posts