Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first day of our trial in Evans GA.
We had 18 entery level dogs. I can't remember how many passed but I'll post tomorrow. The level 1 and level 2 dogs will go on Sunday. There's nine level 1 dogs and 2 level 2 dogs yet to trial.
Bentley and I will go for our level 1 before lunch if all works out. We will do everything except our woods and building search which will be done later in the day.
This has been the largest ASR trial ever.

My daughter and I will be competing against (for) each other. Abbie is her dog a Boxer. She'll most likely beat her dad. We see.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Definitely a big trial - eighteen dogs for the entry level is great. Good Luck tomorrow. Is Chris and Neka going for ASR 2 tomorrow or is he holding off for now?

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
oh i hope that your daughter and Abbie whip your butt!! especially w/Abbie just coming off of whelping (right??).

Good luck to all!!! :lol:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Chris is still thinking about it. We'll find out tomorrow what he is going to do. Oh, I went through my ASR decoy cerification yesterday and PASSED! So I decoyed in my first ASR trial today and had a blast. In the morning I will be decoying for level 1 and 2 in the trial so I'll get to be a trial decoy for Bentley (dads GSD) and Abbie (my sisters boxer). Its going to be fun. Its not training anymore so I hope that they both do well and pass. Hey dad, you know that I'm going to have to bring it to 'em tomorrow! :p But I know you're not worried, they're going to do awesome! :D

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
jay lyda said:
... Oh, I went through my ASR decoy cerification yesterday and PASSED! So I decoyed in my first ASR trial today and had a blast. In the morning I will be decoying for level 1 and 2 in the trial so I'll get to be a trial decoy for Bentley (dads GSD) and Abbie (my sisters boxer). ... :D
CONGRATULATIONS, Jay!! =D> Very cool!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Congrats Jay, glad to hear all that hard work and dedication paid off for you :D I would say have fun at the trial, but I know first hand that it is very hard not to have fun - even as a spectator at an ASR trial. Great bunch of people. Best wishes to all the competitors and their dogs.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, here's what happened.
Had 18 entery level dogs, Half of them passed. Had eight Level 1 dogs. Three passed and in this order; Jay Murphy, dog- Vinnie with 97%, Jerry Lyda (me), dog Bentley with 95%, and Mo Earl dog name, I can't remember with 87%.
Abbie, my daughte's boxer D/N. Her obedience was not there and her building seach was not up to par. Everything else was great. Her building search was last and she didn't engage. The decoy was in a dark room and Abbie went for him and hit the door with her head. I don't know what was going on in her mind but whatever it was wasn't good. She WILL be better next time.
Kieth Earl, dog Tango was the only Level 2 dog and he got his second leg with I think 87%.
Nice trial and the biggest ever with 27 dogs entered. Had lots of fun. Jay was taken down by the proof dog and was taken down pretty good. Jay did a great job coming up without injury to himself or dog.
Two days of ASR trial that lasted 10 hours each day. I wish you all had been there.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Congrats Jerry and of course Bentley ! Way to go Jay :) Now you got me curious as to who the proof dog was - Gator?????

Trial over - let the partying begin :twisted:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Wasn't Mo's dog's name Squirrel?

BIG congrats to Jerry and Bentley for getting 95% on their first try at Level 1!! They both did great for two old timers. :wink: :lol: \:D/ As soon as I can get the pics and videos uploaded to my computer I'll send them to him so he can post them if he wants to. I have some of Abbie's bitework as well.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yep, it was Gator! I worked Gator with that same exercise for my decoy cert, yeah he couldn't take me down for that one, but he got me back when I worked him as the proof dog. :D I tell you one thing- that joker hits ya like a truck and I have a NICE bruise to prove it. The other two decoys were picken on me for eating some grass but I proved myself by the time the trial was over 'cause none of the trial dogs were able to bulldoze me!! :p Hitting the ground or not, its all part of it and I had a great time!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jay, fantastic achievement!! Anyone as sharp as you are who works as tirelessly and enthusiastically as you do (and in extreme heat, no less) will not encounter many barriers in a lifetime. Hat's off too to Matt for your awesome skill, he's a very good, very effective teacher.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. My goodness. I'm thrilled you kids did so well! (Nice to know us older folks can still get the job done :eek: , too) I wish I could have been there this last weekend, I thought of y'all and your trial all weekend, hoping everyone did well and had fun. Sounds to me like Jackie and Abby did the gracious thing and let you boys shine, age before beauty you know :lol:

Way to go, everyone!!

Aloha,
Anne

1 - 20 of 28 Posts