Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I know that not many on this forum trains for ASR mainly because there's not too many states that have clubs. The ASR sport is mostly in the southeast. Fla. ,Ga., S.C. N.C. Had a trial this past weekend in Va. A club is wanting to start in Ct. and another in western La. This club would bring folks from Tx. We are growing and I think is the perfect dog sport. It's not me against you, it's me and you helping each other. Of course we all like bragging rights ( competition ) but it is a lot of helping one another. I wish we could expand quicker but that may not be a good thing. We'll take new clubs as we get them and are willing, depending on distance, to come to your club and explain how it's done and the rules.

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
Quote: It's not me against you, it's me and you helping each other.

I wouldn't belong to a club that was anything different from this. I think it is great when one of my club members pass, or pretty much anyone does. I know what it is like to have a dog do really well, and (currently) have a dog do not so well. It is interesting to me, mostly 'cause he does really well (near perfect) in training, and comes up with new ways to torture me in trial. Man, does he LOVE to make me look bad. :lol:

That dang MR3 is lookin pretty far away compared to 6 months ago! :eek: :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Jeff Oehlsen said:
It is interesting to me, mostly 'cause he does really well (near perfect) in training, and comes up with new ways to torture me in trial. Man, does he LOVE to make me look bad. :lol:
now imagine that it was your co-workers, supervisors and some other cops from another agency. ignorant cops who think that dogs are robots and that you should just push a button on the dog and he'll immediately seek out the badguy. compare that embarrassment to being embarrassed in front of a bunch of spectators that you don't know. they do like to make us look bad on occasion.... :eek:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Tim Martens said:
...now imagine that it was your co-workers, supervisors and some other cops from another agency. ignorant cops who think that dogs are robots and that you should just push a button on the dog and he'll immediately seek out the badguy. compare that embarrassment to being embarrassed in front of a bunch of spectators that you don't know. they do like to make us look bad on occasion.... :eek:
OMG, you do paint a vivid and awful picture! I burst out laughing and cringed at the same time.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi Jerry, the problem we have here in CT. is lack of people and dogs. We have access to an excellent ASR decoy and we can use Konnie's property whenever we want but again, no people. Even ScH up here is kind of a closed club kinda thing. Our group hasn't even met in a long time due to life getting in the way of fun! I LOVE the idea that it's not a me against you type of thing cause it seems i make more mistakes than i do things right! Maybe one day we'll have interest in CT and we'll be able to have a trial, but i don't see it anywhere in the near future, oh well,

AL

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Promote, Promote, Promote. Just get the word out there man. Invite everyone out to watch, you'll have people come out get excited and then fade away. Its hard but try to get DEDICATED people. Good luck and if you really enjoy ASR don't give up, you CAN make it happen. :D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
LOL, i don't know if i enjoy ASR because i've never seen it in person. One day over the summer Mike and i did the entry level and he said my dog did fine, it was fun. I'm certainly not a hardcore dog person by any stretch of the imagination, i like doing my own thing and hanging around with my mutt's. Ob is fun but bitework is my favorite thing. I'm retiring in 11 years and moving down south, maybe marek can be the oldest dog to ever get an entry level, lol,

AL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts