Working Dog Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
This is exactly what I would like to know.

Also, when fully mature were there issues being observed when worked outside the routine or nothing was noticed?

Regards
when fully mature you can do with them what you want and where you want.
but who really want a real strong dog with real character.Asko have produce a lot of them

i bought a few weeks ago a dog from germany,ipo3 good points, a real male. have make a ad on pedi-data. someone makes a downpayment and have come last week down here to pick him up. the guy thought he is taff and knows so much.have show him the dog in ob and than he want to play with him.it did not take ten seconds ,Oniel growled hat him because the guy was pulling on his pinch,5 seconds later he showed him real teeth. end of the story the guy left without Oniel. Talking about real dogs and handling real dogs are two different pair shoes.

· Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
when fully mature you can do with them what you want and where you want.
but who really want a real strong dog with real character.Asko have produce a lot of them

i bought a few weeks ago a dog from germany,ipo3 good points, a real male. have make a ad on pedi-data. someone makes a downpayment and have come last week down here to pick him up. the guy thought he is taff and knows so much.have show him the dog in ob and than he want to play with him.it did not take ten seconds ,Oniel growled hat him because the guy was pulling on his pinch,5 seconds later he showed him real teeth. end of the story the guy left without Oniel. Talking about real dogs and handling real dogs are two different pair shoes.

Ok. And what is your point with this story? water down" the dogs because those who want real dogs cant handle them? Make the breed even weaker than it is?

Explain it to me, because I really don't understand the purpose of your posts.

I asked about Asko's progeny. What he throws, good, bad and ugly... Not about some person's handling skills regarding a dog he purchased through an ad on pedigree data base.

Which lines cross well with Asko blood? Legitimate question.

Thank you

· Registered
58 Posts
I have an Asko grandson through his motherline, sired by Dasty Berger Hochburg.http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=408409-lazer-vom-landschaft Stable dog, aloof but social, environment not an issue. Extremely hard hitting and gripping, very powerful overall. A workaholic. NO handler aggression, thankfully :) High prey, serious when called on, nicely balanced drives. He was very trainable from the start, but strong minded. Could have been a top competition dog with another handler, as was told to me many times by many people. I'd own another like him in a heartbeat. Stefan, Greg Mominee knows this dog.
I also have his daughter. Very much like her father, but although very stable in neutral settings, is more civil.

· Registered
455 Posts
Ok. And what is your point with this story? water down" the dogs because those who want real dogs cant handle them? Make the breed even weaker than it is?

I asked about Asko's progeny. What he throws, good, bad and ugly... Not about some person's handling skills regarding a dog he purchased through an ad on pedigree data base.

Thank you
He's explained what asko produces. Joby quoted it. Then he said it again. What I got from the story is if you can't understand what he's talking about you might haved not seen it before. And it might be a good idea to see it before you decide you want one.

· Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
He said:

"I have work for sure more than a hundred asko kids,grandkids and grand grandkids"

I would like to know if these "for sure more than a hundred asko kids, grand kids..." were all good... Also, if there were any health problems observed in these "more than a hundred"...

If Asko produced hundreds of descendants and Stefan has worked " for sure more than a hundred..." then we're talking about a 100% success rate, based on his expertise, that Asko dogs can do it all.

I've been in this game for a while... and smell bullshit from a distance.

I do not want (for now) Asko blood. My hands are full with what I got right now...

· Registered
455 Posts
100% success? No health problems? I think your crazy. Hye said he used him at an old age. I think he said 12. I would think he was happy with what he saw. Its not like he was using a new stud.
He said:

"I have work for sure more than a hundred asko kids,grandkids and grand grandkids"

I would like to know if these "for sure more than a hundred asko kids, grand kids..." were all good... Also, if there were any health problems observed in these "more than a hundred"...

If Asko produced hundreds of descendants and Stefan has worked " for sure more than a hundred..." then we're talking about a 100% success rate, based on his expertise, that Asko dogs can do it all.

I do not want (for now) Asko blood. My hands are full with what I got right now...

· Registered
11,320 Posts
He said:

I did not read anything that impied 100% success rate personally, or that they can do it all...to me anyhow..

I dont think Stefan is very big on typing in English, on message boards, and some things MAY SEEM to come off differently than intended, due to this, but could be also wrong, as I don't know him.

· Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
100% success? No health problems? I think your crazy. Hye said he used him at an old age. I think he said 12. I would think he was happy with what he saw. Its not like he was using a new stud.

I think you're trying to argue with me, without fully understanding what I said...

If he's worked hundreds of Asko descendants, then, for sure, he must have seen some crappy ones... I would like to know the good, the bad and the ugly on Asko's production sheet. That simple.

If he can't point out the weak parts of Asko descendants, then I must assume he has worked hundreds of dogs that were all good, hence a 100% success rate.

But, I am sure, out of those hundreds of Asko descendants, he must have seen some sub-par individuals. I am interested in learning about the weaknesses concerning these dogs.

Hope it's clearer now.

Regards

· Registered
455 Posts
I understood what you said. I also understood what he said. And no I'm not trying to be a dick.
I think you're trying to argue with me, without fully understanding what I said...

If he's worked hundreds of Asko descendants, then, for sure, he must have seen some crappy ones... I would like to know the good, the bad and the ugly on Asko's production sheet. That simple.

If he can't point out the weak parts of Asko descendants, then I must assume he has worked hundreds of dogs that were all good, hence a 100% success rate.

But, I am sure, out of those hundreds of Asko descendants, he must have seen some sub-par individuals. I am interested in learning about the weaknesses concerning these dogs.

Hope it's clearer now.

Regards

· Registered
71 Posts
Tiago to get a true picture of what you are looking for I think you would have to keep your scope to just direct offspring of Asko's. These are the dogs that he has the most influence over. Then you would have to look at the entire pedigree. This will help you to see if the good or bad came from Asko or the Dam. If it was the combination of the linebreeding in the pedigree.... As we know it's a lot more complicated than did Asko sire the dog. Unfortunately the Breed warden system here in the States is lacking compaired with that of Germany. This would be a great question for one of them.

· Registered
4,537 Posts

Thank you
Obviously he feels that they cross well with his. Those pedigrees are a start.

T

· Registered
4,537 Posts
Tiago,

I think you are crying BS on your assumptions, not what was posted. The "weakness" he and others pointed out is that the dogs are sub-par [for want of a better description] while immature. They like what they see in the mature adult and in the whelping box.

What Stefan said:

I have work for sure more than a hundred asko kids,grandkids and grand grandkids.have use him for my breeding program in first generation second and third and now already in fourth. used asko when he was 12 years old.have wait long time before i used him.have first used a asko son out of my training and than him self. have sold a Asko grandson because i have hate his behavior, at the end i have pay money to use him as stud.

Minimally, what this means to me is:

1. He has worked enough Asko descendants to feel he has knowledge of their working traits.
2. He saw enough positives to use him in his breeding program multiple times, including linebreeding. He must like what he is getting combined with the mother line he has continued since he started. In the past he has stated which of his bitches is best combined with Asko blood and which is not. If you follow his breeding there are dogs in Asko's pedigree that he has said he likes so its not just the dog himself but what is behind him.
3. He waited a long time before he used Asko himself as a stud. That was the research time. He first used an Asko son "out of his training." Hugely important to me. As a trainer, once I run a dog through my system, then I know what he is. So reading this, he was confident of the dog because he had fully tested his genetics through his training system.
4. Lastly, he's not that crazy about how they are as immature dogs and didn't want to wait a particular dog out so sold him. The poetic justice of that is paying the stud fee in the end.

As for your weaknesses, obviously the good of what he gets in terms of what he is looking for outweighs any negatives, if they are there when this dog is infused with what he already has. WITH HIS LINES and for what he wants, Asko works and Pike didn't. Does it mean that he is saying Asko works with everything? No. This is the essence of breeding--finding the clicks that are breeding gold.

T

· Registered
5,408 Posts
I did not read anything that impied 100% success rate personally, or that they can do it all...to me anyhow..

I dont think Stefan is very big on typing in English, on message boards, and some things MAY SEEM to come off differently than intended, due to this, but could be also wrong, as I don't know him.
This is nothing personal but many of our members do not have English mother tongue but apart from grammatical errors seem to get their point across.;)

· Registered
433 Posts
He said:

i do not think you smell bullshit from a distance.

You are a funny guy. If i say more than a hundred than i mean more than a hundred. Asko have make more than 300 studs maybe more, so what do you think how many Asko kids,grand kids have been around and are still around. right now i have still more than 10 dogs with asko blood in my training.

Bsp 2004 9 Asko Kids ,best one in my opinion Quincy Waldwinkel not because i have have seen it on youtube!!!oh right i was helper there

Quincy vom Waldwinkel (289 V/3) real dog German Police dual purpose

Janoch von Grube Waldecke (288 V/4)

Nando vom Hilsblick (285 SG/7)

Balco vom Mörfelder Land (283 SG/11)

Igor vom Dunklen Zwinger (283 SG/13)

Wismo vom Herding Brook (276 SG/31)

Wolf v. alten Felsenkeller (275 SG/34) full brother Watz High Protec.BSP03

Gordon vom Schafweide (271 SG/50)

Drago Eichendorffsiedlung (267 G/63)

go on my youtube and you find for sure more than ten videos with asko lines in work with me.

Asko is one of the best producer!!!done!!Health who knows,how many people tell you the truth about there dogs,how many people send bad hips or elbows in for certification.how many people tell you about missing teeth.

if you can read between the lines you will find your answer.German SV is great for the reason of research. statistic for how many-pup born,how many x-ray how many titled how many breed survey how many used in breed.

I know you are big in Pike,but compare Pike/Asko today.

I think my english is way better than the dog training/breeding of a lot of people here in this forum. for sure it is easier to write than to train dogs and for sure it is easier to get a expert for dogs online than in real training.

· Registered
5,408 Posts
I think my english is way better than the dog training/breeding of a lot of people here in this forum. for sure it is easier to write than to train dogs and for sure it is easier to get a expert for dogs online than in real training.

He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts