Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a new boy fly in today. He's a complete brat already and he's only been here since this morning. We are SUPER excited to have a pup out of this Sire!

Without further ado, Introducing Arlovski de la Mancha, "Andre"

Sire: Yagus v.d. Duvetorre
FCI - World champion 2003
World champion FMBB 2005
FCI - World champion 2005

Dam: Coma Abiara, ZVV1 93/95/95

If anyone is interested, I believe the breeder still has a few pups available from this litter, pm me for his info. The Dam is a Czech bitch that was bred to Yagus and imported here to the states.

And here are a few of my girl Jayde.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
oh, NICE bone on your baby boy, and he has those oh-so-charming beady brown eyes that look at you while the mouth is chewing on a brand new BOOT?? what's WRONG with ya?
and your girl looks so like a "girl"....
i second lynn--good luck w/2 of the monsters!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Congrats Tammy :) very good looking dark boy ! I like the picture of his head in the boot - maybe he's trying to tell you he will be one heck of a tracker like his Dad :) Jayde is also a cutie - gotta love that pink collar - my bitch could never pull off wearing pink though :( I like her mask and those big ol' ears.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you get two responses from me,

CUTE PUPPY!

And #2, why get a pup out of a sch dog when you are getting a mal????

So weird. I also heard he was trained with a clicker only, no compulsion. Is this really true??????
#1 - thanks
#2 - I could go into a long drawn out reply but it basically comes down to the fact that anyone that is familiar w/ Stoned, knows that he has produced some awesome working dogs-period. Yagus being one of them. Why would we NOT want a puppy out of proven bloodlines? There are currently numerous very strong Stoned progeny competing in PSA as well as other venues. :)

As for if Yagus was trained completely w/ a clicker? I do not know him so I have no idea. From what I *hear* most of the training was done w/ a clicker...but not all.

Ann, he does have REALLY nice bone. He makes my girl look like a stick figure. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats Tammy :) very good looking dark boy ! I like the picture of his head in the boot - maybe he's trying to tell you he will be one heck of a tracker like his Dad :) Jayde is also a cutie - gotta love that pink collar - my bitch could never pull off wearing pink though :( I like her mask and those big ol' ears.
Thanks Lacey. He was actually biting the inside liner of the boot and carrying it around on top of his head...what a goof! Darryl will actually be working this little guy, I don't think tracking will be in his future but we'll see!

LOL on the pink collar! It fits her, she is definitely a feminine looking girl IMO. I am pretty sure this is the first pink collar I have ever purchased. :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Jeff says: Take #2 as curiosity, nothing else...

Jeff, out of curiosity...what is your background in dogs? I'm new to the board but have noticed you definitely have strong opinions. :) People who know you seem to be able to joke a little with you about it.....as a newbie, I'm trying to understand where you are coming from. Considering the fact that I have Dobes and do Schutzhund these days, well, you understand.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Jeff says: Take #2 as curiosity, nothing else...

Jeff, out of curiosity...what is your background in dogs? I'm new to the board but have noticed you definitely have strong opinions. :) People who know you seem to be able to joke a little with you about it.....as a newbie, I'm trying to understand where you are coming from. Considering the fact that I have Dobes and do Schutzhund these days, well, you understand.
We try not to let Jeff out of his crate unattended but once they learn to escape it's a pia to keep them under control.

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
I took my first OB class at 7 with one of my fathers coondogs, did Sch with my first Rott at 14,trained quite a few dogs to three, and other peoples dogs as well. Got sick of Sch politics, and peoples inability to leave well enough alone (in the sport) in the late 80's. I have taught a few thousand basic/advanced OB classes, and really like to dispell peoples crap notions about what a dog really is. I used to believe the Disney version too LOL

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
As far as asking about Yagus, I have gotten mostly defensive responses from the people I have asked about him. Sch has proven over and over that it is useless as a breeding tool, and is no way something I think a Mal should be doing.

Even the German Mal club has admitted that they have been using Sch as a breeding tool for ten years, and all they are accomplishing is creating GSD personality Mals.

From the video I have seen of Yagus, he is a middle of the road Mal, as evidenced by his ability to be on the podium. Something I wouldn't want to see in a stud.

I guess i am opinionated, but it comes from years of watching things slide downhill.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
161 Posts
From the video I have seen of Yagus, he is a middle of the road Mal, as evidenced by his ability to be on the podium. Something I wouldn't want to see in a stud.
Please explain. I hope you mean that the video did not imress you, but a video (I am guessing of a trial) does not seem like a very comprehensive way of judging a dog especially for a stud.

It seems as if you might be saying a mal that can do well in SCH is necessarily "middle of the road." It follows that a mal that can do well in mondio and produces well could not do well sch? Elgos could not do SCH? Feist will not produce?

·
Registered
161 Posts
sorry i realized misread, you said as evidenced by his being on the podium. Still, if a dog is doing a weak sport and i want a strong stud he had better be able to score well...MR3 feist did just fine in IPO, I believe Elgos would have done just fine in that as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm not a big poster on these boards, mainly due to the people that will take any post and get stupid. I don't have a problem with peoples opinions just uneducated opinions.

Jeff,
It's fine that you don't like Yagus, it just means one more puppy for others to enjoy. You have this idea that if a dog competes in a particular sport that, that is all there offspring are good for.

"Sch has proven over and over that it is useless as a breeding tool, and is no way something I think a Mal should be doing."

You show me that you really don't know the lines and I really don't expect you to, but there are numerous dogs with these lines that have competed in venues other then SCH.
Darryl

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
It seems as if you might be saying a mal that can do well in SCH is necessarily "middle of the road." It follows that a mal that can do well in mondio and produces well could not do well sch?
I'm not following your logic, but I do think I understand what Jeff is getting at.

Many times your best competitors are not your best producers. If you look at the Malinois, many (most) of the big name stud dogs are dogs that may have titled to the highest levels, but are not consistently on the podium. They were/are to difficult to get that level of control on a consistent basis. But that extra "umph" (it's a technical term LOL) that the dog brings to the breeding is what helps maintain the genetics at a higher standard. If you breed podium dog to podium dog for to long, the quality of the pups can start to degrade over time, until you are having to look for one of those monsters to bring back some "umph" in the dogs you are producing.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts