Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Connie, he's 14 months old. :)

He's very large compared to most other Boston's I've seen. He's actually a walking mess w/ his knees. He has a luxating patella in one back knee according to our vet and I'm thinking possibly in his other as well...that being said, they do not slow him down AT ALL.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I am gaga for these Bostons. Love the temperment & the looks. I have just got to talk my better half into letting me get one. Yours is really nice looking too. I love all those pictures. Can you post more?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am gaga for these Bostons. Love the temperment & the looks. I have just got to talk my better half into letting me get one. Yours is really nice looking too. I love all those pictures. Can you post more?
oooooh the pictures that I have of Tito! I think I have taken more pictures of him than I have of my own child! :) LOL Show your other 1/2 these picts, how could he possibly refuse such a face??

There are many picts of him on our website along w/ a few of Tito trying to immitate his personal hero and idol. http://www.tricountyk9.com/tito.htm

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
He is to cute Tammy....that first picture I can imagine either a halo or horns sprouting up at anytime. Nice grips too, guess no one told HIM that he has a luxating patela or two....seems to be very agile and enjoying himself. I might have missed it but what is his name? Okay....you just posted it....and Tito is almost as tough and good looking as his idol...nice eye candy:)

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Thanks Connie, he's 14 months old. :)

He's very large compared to most other Boston's I've seen.
I've noticed that the small bracheocephalic breeds are generally healthier when they exceed breed standard size..... strictly anecdotal, of course, but it seems that Bostons, Pugs, etc., do a lot better when they don't have such a crowded mouth, and there's more room for the eyeballs (so less of the dry eye problems), less tracheal collapse, less snorting and snoring, and on and on.

That guy's legs look very muscular, and I'm sure you know that the better-developed the muscles around the joint, the better support and less stress on the bad joint.

I've met several Bostons who had none of the neurotic tendencies the breed is famous for..... sturdy little guys with a ton of drive. :>)

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
One summer I worked for the local vet as his assistant. One of the clients had a boston, and brought him to board a number of times. That dog always made the best of a crappy situation. Never sulked or pined. Since then I have made the aquaintance of several BT's & they were all really fun dogs.
I love that last picture & I am going to show it to my dh. If that won't melt his heart nothing will!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He is to cute Tammy....that first picture I can imagine either a halo or horns sprouting up at anytime. Nice grips too, guess no one told HIM that he has a luxating patela or two....seems to be very agile and enjoying himself. :)
It'd most certainly be horns that would sprout from his head-there is no halo anywhere NEAR him! :) And yes, he is super agile and super fast, luxating patella's and all.

Neurotic tendencies Connie? ROFL...Tito has them all! hahaha, gotta love him!

Susan, we had several Boston's in for training before deciding to get Tito last year. Those that we had in for training were super sweet and snuggly but unfortunately Tito is missing those 2 genes, lol. Saying that though, when he see's Darryl and I he immediately goes into over drive wanting to play very rough but my daughter can pick him up and he'll fall fast asleep on the couch with her. *sigh*

One last pict from yesterday...

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Haha! Now THAT is what the Boston Terrier is supposed to be! I've only seen one other with lots of drive and room to breathe. OMG - if you ever needto rehome him... :grin:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes, Tammy, he definitely is a beautiful dog! Awesome little guy. Chelsea is gonna go nuts when I show her this thread (she loves Bostons).

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
We had Doodle Bug out today doing a demo. We showed his bite work, OB, and his detection skills. I can't let anyone pet him though unless he makes the first move. He HAS to check you out first and then and only then he will allow it.

Tito is a nice looking boy. Another good dog for, "Just a little Schutzhund." We have got to start something like this.

Here's a picture of Doodle Bug, Prissy, and two babies.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
awwe, look at the babies!! Let me know when you breed them again! :) (Darryl, pretend you did not read that, k?) Tito doesn't care who pets him, he doesn't sit still enough to get attention anyways, anyone who ventures forth gets hammered w/ his front paws. What a sweetie, lol. Jerry, we have talked numerous times about putting more obedience on Tito (being as he has none really to speak of yet!) and doing a bit more bite work w/ him to be a fun demo dog.

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts