Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just flew in from the Nationals in Oh. The dogs left Monday in a trailer from ca and arrived three hours before the test on Friday Morning. I didn't think they were going to make it as they got snowed in in Utah. It poured all day during the fur tracking events and the whole place was a bog. There were 30 entries in the Jr. Fur. 8 passed All 3 of mine were in the 8. There were 5 competing in the Master fur. My Odin was the only one to get the Master level. I also ran a 10 mo old pup in the Masters just to make a point. He completed the track with no problem but was trying to tree the tree judge when we got there. He was just not understanding that he was supposed to be hiding in the bushes to judge the dogs. The was one pass in the Senior also but I wasn't running dogs intheat. All total......40 dogs were entered in the fur tracking events at different levels. 10 were successful. 4 of those were mine. The pup also got an award for completing the hardest track and blowing it treeing the judge. It is the the tank award....because he tanked a decent performance at the end. Nice engraved cup anyway.LOL I just flew in a bit ago and have a 10 hr trip to pick up my dogs tomorrow if the get back to Calif. Later.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
That is great, Don. Congratulations.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sounds like you made out like a bandit! Great Work! Huge Congrats!

·
Registered
705 Posts
first dog i ever titled was an airedale schH1 love the breed nice hard biters. to bad its hard to find good workers now a days

·
Banned
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to thank everyone for the support and cudo's. I am getting slightly caught up in the dog yards and work but mainly, I am getting rested up. Vacations and nightly partying was a lot easier to cope with about 40 years ago than it is now. Seems to take a lot longer to recoup. Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts