Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share a picture of my boy Feist at last weekend's Splash Dogs event. On Saturday he jumped his all time best distance of 22.6 feet (I finally threw the bumper right). On Sunday he took second in Super Vertical with a jump of 6'8. First was Stryker, my friend Melissa's MalinCollie and third was Emmy, a Terv from Denise Fenzi's breeding. The labs still have us in Dog Dogs but the Belgians seem to be taking over Super Vertical!

It is a silly sport but tons of fun. Stupid thing to do with a working dog with a knee and shoulder injury but...I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
705 Posts
lisa feist is awesome i have been wanting to do dock diving as a fun sport aside from the ring stuff

·
Premium Member
21,868 Posts
Very cool! The nice thing about doc diving with an injured dog is no hard landings!

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Great pic! Looks like he's going for the flying trapeeze.

Kind of a bummer dock diving hasn't made it to the Midwest much yet. So many smelly nasty cow ponds, so little time...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've always been a BIG fan of Feist and his/your accomplishments.....I think he is an outstanding representative of the Malinois breed....amazing versatility (IPO3, MR3, FR3, CD, FMX, SJ, TT and CGC)
He IS the total package.....oh yeah and very photogenic;) ........Great Picture!

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Brian: Do you know of any dock diving clubs in Los Angeles County? I'd love to check it out especially now that summer is here!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The DD (dock dogs) world championship is in Hayward WI this year July 26-29
so Lisa get that Malinois tuned up and go for it.

Dan Reiter

registration is on dockdogs.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
world championships are invites only. You have to qualify at certain events to qualify for this.

There are no clubs in LA, the closest you will get is in the San diego area and we only have a two or three fun jumps a year plus a couple of competitions. There will be one here next month in San Diego for the wags for wishes event with two pools to help out alot of beginners. I would head down as this is a great event for a great cause. You can register for this event at www.splashdogs.com and you can check out www.wagsforwishes.com and see all the activities your dog can do

·
Registered
759 Posts
Are there any clubs in Tallahassee, Fl or events in the Northern Fla, Southern GA area? I've done some dock diving stuff with Gator at various events, notably a Ducks Unlimited show that was a blast. I'd love to do it again :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts