Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found "Boots and Barkley" agility stuff at Target today. I've seen little portable agility kits before, but this stuff was CHEAP. I bought two tunnels (way easier to carry a little portable tunnel around than a big concrete thingy) and considering that they were only like $9 each, I'm tickled pink. OK, maybe not sturdy enough for heavy use, but for puppies, or just to have a little bit of portability, can't beat it. They had PVC hurdles, two different diameter and shape collapsible tunnels, a little ramp, a "crawl under" thing, etc. I don't know anything about agility as a sport (other than watching it at a few shows over the years), but I did think the stuff was a good deal. I'll try to take some pics of the dogs with one of the tunnels later.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Amber, Im gonna have to go check it out now. :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Oh yes, Jeff, because we all want to wear sleeves we got at Walmart, lol!

I can just see it now..."Oh, you want to be a decoy? well, sure buddy, you can take a bite from Gator in that suit!".

Ooh, it could be the official club "hazing" jacket! :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey, I'm happy. the only tunnels we've found to work with were either gigantic concrete or metal (culverts? I think they're called.) Not exactly easy to transport, and I don't train at home, so I can't really throw one in the back of my car. I like these tunnels, though - I've looked at the portable pack and go agility tunnels before, and although they're about three times as long as the Target ones I got, they're also $100 plus. I can string together three of these for $30. Also, my hurdle is huge and won't fit in my van with both of the kennels, so a little PVC one is very convenient.

Plus, I'm humoring my husband - who thinks, for some reason, that he is going to train his pug to compete in agility competitions. I try to tell him that fat, one-eyed, half deaf dogs don't generally make the best prospect for any sport - but hey, what do I know ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
They dont have them at my Target :( Booooooooooooo.......[-X I'm gonna have to check out the SuperTarget in New Bern :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts