Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found "Boots and Barkley" agility stuff at Target today. I've seen little portable agility kits before, but this stuff was CHEAP. I bought two tunnels (way easier to carry a little portable tunnel around than a big concrete thingy) and considering that they were only like $9 each, I'm tickled pink. OK, maybe not sturdy enough for heavy use, but for puppies, or just to have a little bit of portability, can't beat it. They had PVC hurdles, two different diameter and shape collapsible tunnels, a little ramp, a "crawl under" thing, etc. I don't know anything about agility as a sport (other than watching it at a few shows over the years), but I did think the stuff was a good deal. I'll try to take some pics of the dogs with one of the tunnels later.

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
I think that is great. Think how long people have had to make their own stuff, or buy expensive stuff. Now if we can just get someone to make sleeves and suits for a normal price considering the materials they are made of.......:smile:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Oh yes, Jeff, because we all want to wear sleeves we got at Walmart, lol!

I can just see it now..."Oh, you want to be a decoy? well, sure buddy, you can take a bite from Gator in that suit!".

Ooh, it could be the official club "hazing" jacket! :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey, I'm happy. the only tunnels we've found to work with were either gigantic concrete or metal (culverts? I think they're called.) Not exactly easy to transport, and I don't train at home, so I can't really throw one in the back of my car. I like these tunnels, though - I've looked at the portable pack and go agility tunnels before, and although they're about three times as long as the Target ones I got, they're also $100 plus. I can string together three of these for $30. Also, my hurdle is huge and won't fit in my van with both of the kennels, so a little PVC one is very convenient.

Plus, I'm humoring my husband - who thinks, for some reason, that he is going to train his pug to compete in agility competitions. I try to tell him that fat, one-eyed, half deaf dogs don't generally make the best prospect for any sport - but hey, what do I know ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.