Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sontausen.allk-9.com/remy.htm

This is a female I know quite well, her name is Remy and is owned and trained by Julia Priest and handled by her friend Beth. The story of this dog's character is still being lived out. But, her work is inspiring. Due to Beth's disabilities, Remy free tracks in Schutzhund. Plus, she is not a dog to take lightly or push, she is 100% for real. Nice to know trainers like Julia are out there.

Enjoy

Bryan

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just a belated and quick reply. Nice girl, it was also interesting to see the KNPV in her pedigree. I personally knew a Von Sontausen dog. His name was Granite AKA Grant BKA Meat Head. He was a Sch3 and FH dog. He was very serious and probably better suited for Police work. He was controlable, but not a points dog when he got into fight drive, which was most of the time. He belonged to my friend Tonya Purcell. I had a dog out of him, unfortunately the bitch was not from good stock. The dog had insane prey and awesome strong full grips always, but he was too sporty/locked in prey really. The bite suit was just an overgrown sleeve to him, so he would bite, but when the sleeve was hidden or the muzzle was on... forget it. He had No interest. Grant on the other hand did not care about anything but hurting anyone that stood in front of him. ~Justin

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[Hey Justin, Julia is a good friend and masterful trainer and breeder. She is incrediable with tracking. What Remy is and does is still awe inspiring. We only had her here for a few weeks to have my kids play with her and we still miss her. She is the most instinctive mother alpha. You could tell great things from the first moment she rumbled through the door of the cargo unit at the airport.

She will be bred her next heat. Julia has something big lined up for her I'm sure. I don't know GSD lines like I used to, so I trust the expert.

Bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts