Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not sure where to post this so I posted it here. Last night sometime between 12 am and 6 am my truck was broken into and over 2500 dollars all of my dog training equipment was stolen. The theives only took my training bag which included:
1 hard trial sleeve
1 soft ring sport sleeve
1 ray allen intermediate sleeve
1 ray allen leg sleeve
1 signature k9 air lite sleeve
1 vintage vietnam era sleeve
1 old e collar (not sure of brand will look for receipt)
2 soft puppy sleeves
3 whips
2 black leather harnesses
1 padded stick
1 clatter stick
2 2 in flat collars
3 hs prong collars
2 fur savers
1 pair nike turf cleats size 12
1 black adidas warm up suit size xl
and misc stuff that I cant think of

Obviously I can more about the sleeves and e collar than the track suit but it all was stolen, it was in a black canvas bag that said heath south on it. I am offering a reward for the return of the equipment and if it is retuned will ask no questions.

This puts me in a situation where I am in need of replacement equipment, so on another note if anyone has anything extra that they may be interested in selling please let me know.

Thanx in advance Greg

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
that sucks man. it's for that reason i don't leave my training bag in my truck. even though i live in a "safe" neighborhood, i'm paranoid about that stuff. there is always a large part of me that says, "why should i lug that heavy ass bag inside? nobody wants dog training equipment." that attitude has gotten the best of me a few times, but for the most part i take it in the garage. this is a good reminder for all of us.

i hope you get your stuff back. do you have comprehensive coverage on the car insurance?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya I have comprhensive on my truck but most of the equipment I bought private party and have no receipts for so I cant prove that I even had it. The strangest part to me is that they only took the training stuff when i had my work tools two dewalt cordless drills saws and laptot computer sitting right next to the bag, the only thing I can think of is that they got scarred off but wouldnt you grab the laptop first? I dunno thanks for the sympathy though

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Greg Leavitt said:
ya I have comprhensive on my truck but most of the equipment I bought private party and have no receipts for so I cant prove that I even had it. The strangest part to me is that they only took the training stuff when i had my work tools two dewalt cordless drills saws and laptot computer sitting right next to the bag, the only thing I can think of is that they got scarred off but wouldnt you grab the laptop first? I dunno thanks for the sympathy though
don't take for granted that they won't cover it without a receipt. it varies from company to company and i have seen some pretty generous and liberal compensation policies from some companies...

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Tim Martens said:
Greg Leavitt said:
don't take for granted that they won't cover it without a receipt. it varies from company to company and i have seen some pretty generous and liberal compensation policies from some companies...
Especially if you have a photos of the equipment in use...... which I imagine you do. And especially if the photos can be tied to general time periods, which I imagine many can.

Of course, receipts AND photos are better, but photos are very helpful.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Yes, you may find that the comprehensive coverage on your policy will cover everything minues the deductible. What you need to do is make a very comprehensive list. Include what the replacement cost is of those items. Include pages from the various catalogs so they have an indication of how you set your values. With ins co's the more anal you can be, the better. They really like it. You should include the approx date you purchased the items. Obviously, replacement cost coverage is the best, but you may have Actual Cash Value, which would take into account wear & tear, etc..

It totally sucks that someone stole that stuff. It happened to me once, & I was so pissed, because most likely, the thieving jerks have no idea what the stuff is for, & will end up tossing your equipment. Unless it is someone who knows you & knows what the stuff is for, but hey, who wants to even think in that direction. In the future, you amy want to identify your stuff on a hidden part of the equipment (so the thief couldn't remove your mark).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts