705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Brax watching

2nd place Nice bitch

1st place

·
Registered
269 Posts
It was a good experience, since it was the first time I ever saw a trail of any kind. I loved the little female that got second place.... She was good

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Just got home a few hours ago.
I have to agree with Kim. That little bitch that placed third (also High HOT) was the top pick of my club members for a "take it home" dog.
The Tshirts were designed by Steve Pettit, our club helper and TD.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sunday was the only day I was able to go out. I enjoyed it. That little bitch was awesome. She was one of the only dogs that impressed me. I didn't see the first place James honda's dog actually trial. But I saw that little bitch. It was a bit chilly sunday when I was out but not too bad.. Take in mind chilly to me is like 65 degrees! lol I like it warm!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Steve, the little female shepherd you liked...was the handler Bill McClure? I saw this dog at a few trials....very nice and Bill is a really nice person as well.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
um not sure she was a small dog and the handler was a older black gentelman

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had a good time at the trail. I did talk to James Honda and he was very nice also. That little female by far was my favorite though, ariel.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Matt Hammond from here (trains with Jerry Lyda, Quality K9) sold Ari to Bill McClure. He says all the time that he wishes he had kept her... even though he's a malinois guy. ;)

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
That little bitch looked more like a Austrailian Cattle Dog but I'd take her home in a heart beat.
Trish, you should have stayed to watch Doc man handle that guy in the helper competition. Poor guy could hardle keep his feet.
Explination:
In the helper trials, they were short a dog and Clay Medows came up to ask if we brought any of our dogs that could help in the trials.
Roger Morrow, our club Pres had Doc with him. Doc was bred by Trish and is going to go for his SchH I on Memorial Day weekend at our club trial (finally).
Anyway, Doc is one of those dogs that will try to power through the helper. He hits like a freight train, dead center and shake your friggin brains out like your a rag doll.
Our TD/Helper is 340 lbs and anyone else is pretty much a toy to play with for Doc.
Doc will dern near pull your shoulder out of socket if your not ready for him.
Roger told the guy exaxtly what to expect but it didn't help much.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I did Rommels BH at William McClures club in February. He is a very nice guy, and his club really seemed to have their act together.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The little bitch that took third was Arie now owned/trained and handled by William Mclure. He is the training director of the Sch club Jerry Lyda and I use to train with. She is a SUPER nice dog AND raised with Mals (so she thinks she is one). I use to co-own her with William and kick my self in the a$$ everyday for signing her over to him. But as I have said it a million times William has taken her alot further then I could have. He is a great trainer. I wish William and Arie the best.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts