Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ivan Balabonov and Qenny Ot Vitosha took HIT and 5 other trophies at the AWDF. Now onto the FMBB for them, where I really believe they may take first this year :)

Outstanding job by Lynnea Gillett and Mowgli du Loups du Soleil who came in third.

Molly Graff and her GSD Eagle vom Eichenluft took High FH with a 91 - Congrats Molly WTG!!!

http://stlouisschutzhund.com/awdf2007/competitors.htm

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I was also happy to see Kevin and his great dog Gismo v d Mohnwiese come in 2nd. I have seen this dog work - he's very powerful and really fast. Kevin is a great guy too! Also James & Yaggo got their IPO1 - grrrrrrrrrrreat!!!!! Cris had to pull Lad, but that's O.K., she'll get'em next time.

·
Registered
595 Posts
First off, congratulations on your FH, Molly! Congratulations to all the qualifiers!

I didn't take as many pics this time. I'm figuring out that I miss half the competition taking pictures, so I've cut down except friends dogs. Here are a few:

The whole field

Part of the Mal contingent:

More competitors:

Tornado Alley Schutzhund Club members (in yellow)

Kevin's dog Gismo in the blind

More Gismo

I thought this was just a beautiful bi-color dog, Eric Beasley‘s Kilo von der Four Winds

On the podium

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great pics Becky, thanks for sharing them. Did you happen to notice if all the portable blinds were on wood like that pic in blind six? Is that so they could quickly move the blinds off the field for OB or did they do it for stability? Never seen that done before.

·
Premium Member
21,868 Posts
Great pics Becky, thanks for sharing them. Did you happen to notice if all the portable blinds were on wood like that pic in blind six? Is that so they could quickly move the blinds off the field for OB or did they do it for stability? Never seen that done before.
I got a really good look at the blinds. The bases were 6x6 for weight and the holes were drilled slightly different from the angle of the blind poles. That put them under tension and kept them fro comming out in the wind...Mostly. :smile: .

·
Registered
705 Posts
man 2 hours away and i didnt go. i guess i missed out. there looked like a good variety of dogs. some an airedale and somethin else fluffy lol. thats ok the wda nationals are comin here in two weeks i'll get some good pics

·
Registered
595 Posts
Wow! You're right! I didn't even notice the flexies. I am a bit astounded at that.

The bases for the blinds were great. If they hadn't had those, someone would have been chasing the blinds into the next county. There was a pretty sustained wind of about twenty mph with much bigger gusts. I only saw a blind go down twice during the whole time.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your welcome Anne. As for the flexies.....hey whatever works for you. Obviously those handlers are doing something right to be at that level of competition. I know for a fact that Greg Doud (who is pictured with a flexie) is VERY Professional while on the trial field. Would Ivan B. be any less of a trainer/breeder/handler because he used a flexi? (not saying he does, just trying to make a point).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not to link on to anyones glory here...
but... to Ivan's right in third place sits Mowgli (my dog Mongoose's belly brother), talk about pressure to keep up:-&
Thank's for the pictures.
any more?
lg

·
Premium Member
21,868 Posts
Was the strong wind the reason for only two dogs qualifying in the FH?
Molly's dog and Lens Vikar (my dog Thunder's mom:smile: :smile: ).
Saturday was the only day I attended and didn't see any of the tracking.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I think it was also pouring rain at the time, too. We didn't get there until Friday and the FH tracking was Thurs. morning.

Something I found interesting was the dogs' reactions to the field surface. Obviously, very few dogs (if any) had ever trained on artificial turf. I noticed almost every dog, at the beginning of the long down especially, was a little antsy; moving their feet like, "WTF? This is some wierd feeling grass!"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts