Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Arkane (14 mo male ScH prospect) out tracking today, first time since September. I laid a track about 100 yards with a turn (more like a wide serpentine). I didn't want to lay anything even slightly difficult since it had been a while since he went tracking. Well, I must tell you my pup is an amazing little tracking machine!!! He didn't miss a step, real deep nose, nice steady pace. I couldn't be more pleased with him.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Good deal. How is your foot?

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to wear this stupid moon boot thing to protect my ankle & my doc asked me to take it easy for a couple more weeks, but other than that, it's fine as frogs hair!! (thanks for asking)

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
susan tuck said:
I have to wear this stupid moon boot thing to protect my ankle & my doc asked me to take it easy for a couple more weeks, but other than that, it's fine as frogs hair!! (thanks for asking)
Are those the boots you wear to hang upside down?

:lol:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
susan tuck said:
I took Arkane (14 mo male ScH prospect) out tracking today, first time since September. I laid a track about 100 yards with a turn (more like a wide serpentine). I didn't want to lay anything even slightly difficult since it had been a while since he went tracking. Well, I must tell you my pup is an amazing little tracking machine!!! He didn't miss a step, real deep nose, nice steady pace. I couldn't be more pleased with him.
That does sound really good.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha Ha Ha, no it's just one boot for my right ankle. It goes all the way up to my knee. It has 5 velcro straps, 2 accross the foot & three from the ankle up. Each stap is 2 inches wide. It has metal braces on each side, going from the knee to the bottom of my foot with metal plates on either side of my foot. I'm supposed to wear this contraption for another 2 weeks. The reason is I have virtually no muscle tone in that leg & the ligaments, etc. are loose from being immobile for so long.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Great New Susan! I need to get my monster back out tracking, it has been about a month, just been focusing on obedience getting ready for the BH. I hope I have the same news to report as you did! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts