Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread - Working Dog Forum
Welcome to the Working Dog Forum.
Header

Working Dog Forum » Forum Information » Common Forum Problems / FAQ » Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Common Forum Problems / FAQ Before contacting us about a technical or registration issue, please read this section!! Odds are your question is already answered here.

tcat left
Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread
vBmenu Seperating Image LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 09-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Admin
Ankle Biter

Training: Other
Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Thread Title: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site, in addition to the recently added mobile view in the last upgrade. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

Last edited by Yungster; 09-04-2014 at 06:14 PM..
Yungster is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Please visit our Sponsor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

Training: French Ring
Re: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Hello apple 5 safari iOS 7.1 It seems that I am having trouble clicking on things Ex( I tried to send a message and it wouldn't let me press the send button. I also tried to read the news letter and the link didn't send me directly to the article. When I got to the place of redirection, I had to find the right spot on the tab before it would recognize my click
Timothy Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Admin
Ankle Biter

Hi Timothy,

Are you still have issues with what you described above?

Please Register!

Old 09-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

Training: Search & Rescue

I hate the new smartphone version. I exited out of it and got back to desktop version for a few weeks, but now when I go back to page it puts me back in smartphone version each time. Can you stop this..because I seriously hate the smartphone version.
mel boschwitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ate the Tug

Training: IPO

I can not access the forum from my windows phone. Before i had no problem.
angelo sintubin is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Schutzhund

A couple weeks ago when I signed on with my Iphone 5 iOS 8.0, I noticed the new format. I don't like it at all, I do not find it to be "cleaner", it's muddy looking, and I already was able to do everything on the site with my phone, with the same ease as I do sitting at my desk top, I am one of those who find it easier if the format is the same really nice easy to use old one. So at least thank you for providing a toggle to the old and better format.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also if I'm not mistaken, when I signed on to the new version there was a picture of a show line GSD? Unless that's a picture of the founder of WDF Mike Schoonbrood's dog Cujo, you do realize that a show line GSD is the antithesis of WORKING Dog Forum, and a personal affront to those of us who have working line GSDs, right?
susan tuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

Training: French Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungster View Post
Hi Timothy,

Are you still have issues with what you described above?
don't know went back to classic
Timothy Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Admin
Ankle Biter

Hi Mel,

What mobile device are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel boschwitz View Post
I hate the new smartphone version. I exited out of it and got back to desktop version for a few weeks, but now when I go back to page it puts me back in smartphone version each time. Can you stop this..because I seriously hate the smartphone version.

Please Register!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Admin
Ankle Biter

Hi Angelo, are you getting any kind of an error message or is it just a blank screen when you try to use this site on your Windows phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo sintubin View Post
I can not access the forum from my windows phone. Before i had no problem.

Please Register!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Admin
Ankle Biter

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your feedback. This new mobile view of the site is a work in progress for us and your feedback will help us improve it. In the meantime, you can still use the classic mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan tuck View Post
A couple weeks ago when I signed on with my Iphone 5 iOS 8.0, I noticed the new format. I don't like it at all, I do not find it to be "cleaner", it's muddy looking, and I already was able to do everything on the site with my phone, with the same ease as I do sitting at my desk top, I am one of those who find it easier if the format is the same really nice easy to use old one. So at least thank you for providing a toggle to the old and better format.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also if I'm not mistaken, when I signed on to the new version there was a picture of a show line GSD? Unless that's a picture of the founder of WDF Mike Schoonbrood's dog Cujo, you do realize that a show line GSD is the antithesis of WORKING Dog Forum, and a personal affront to those of us who have working line GSDs, right?

Please Register!