Working Bull Terrier overview - Page 2 - Working Dog Forum
Welcome to the Working Dog Forum.
Header

Working Dog Forum » General Conversation » General Working Dog Discussion » Working Bull Terrier overview

General Working Dog Discussion If it's about working dogs and doesn't fit in another forum, it goes in here. General questions, general discussion, etc.

tcat left
Working Bull Terrier overview
vBmenu Seperating Image LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 01-31-2017, 11:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Re: Working Bull Terrier overview

Guilty as charged!

It just sooooo lonely here now days.

Please Register!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Other

yeah Bob...the older we get, the more we remember the "good ole days"
like Dec 27, 2015 when there were over 3,000 people online at the WDF !

never expected much to develop from a thread that starts out with a unreferenced quote about how unique a certain breed is and how they wish the gap between working and show would somehow shrink

re: "Personally I would like to see the gap between show and working bull terriers diminish and I am working towards this direction. In essence there is no reason why a working dog cannot be a show dog and no reason why a show dog should live an idle life."

based on the above and his previous posts....... i'm glad he's working on it
sure there will be a new bloodline of working bullys who show as well as they work with well balanced mind forces //LOL//

....stay tuned and wait for Lee to add some spice
i'm having a great winter freezing my butt off and getting bit. nothing worse than a hard bite on frozen old bones
rick smith is online now   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 02-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Basic OB

I am guessing this is the breed intro for a breeder website or the like. "Body force" and "Mind force" are not terms that most are going to naturally relate to. I think I get what you are saying though; get their mind working before pushing them to do work, or something like that. I might argue that is important for a lot of breeds to various degrees though, of course depending on what precisely that means in this instant.

Not that you asked for a critique, however it might be worth knowing how Bull Terriers are not like other dogs. Or more specifically, how YOUR Bull Terriers are not like other dogs. The traits listed could be attributed to any number of breeds, especially hard-headed breeds or individuals. That is not meant to bash, and the general public may respond well to that, they may not.

In short, I would be interested in what you are breeding, what you are going for, and what work you are doing. The Bull Terrier sounds like a cool breed, however I have only heard of a very few working. I could not really tell somebody to whom they should go for one, how a working BT would work, or why they should choose one over a nice APBT, American Bulldog, Presa, or one of the more traditional breeds.

As for working vs. show, I think Bob is right. I think most of us (or at least a good chunk of people who have posted here) fantasize about the show folks raising their game with their dogs, or leaving working breeds alone. That seems like a pipe dream. I would be pretty curious to see a sustainable gene pool of working EBTs though. The (VERY) few I have heard of people having seemed cool. If I were in the market and considering and EBT, I would probably be curious why I should choose one over something else, in part due to the rarity and limited gene pool.

I am interested in hearing more though. They do seem like a cool breed with an interesting breed composition and character traits. I also want to bail Bob out and hear more about Nicole and these Alaskan Bush Folk of which she speaks. Anyway, best of luck with your program (presuming Phaidon is a breeder here).

-Cheers

-Professor Farnsworth
David Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!

Old 02-01-2017, 11:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

For sure we all would like to hear more about the EBT.

They ARE cool dogs!

Please Register!