KNPV Lines - Page 3 - Working Dog Forum
Welcome to the Working Dog Forum.
Header

Working Dog Forum » General Conversation » General Working Dog Discussion » KNPV Lines

General Working Dog Discussion If it's about working dogs and doesn't fit in another forum, it goes in here. General questions, general discussion, etc.

tcat left
KNPV Lines
vBmenu Seperating Image LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 10-05-2016, 10:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Don't Train My Dog
Re: KNPV Lines

I have a feeling that some of this has to do with the breeding programs developed in the USA off established KNPV lines. The only problem I see with that, is knowing who the reputable individuals are. I know there are pockets of breeders with very good dogs, I've stumbled across them here on the WDF but since I won't get on board with FaceBook or where ever else working dog folks are socially networking and am no longer in contact with some of those individuals, I'm SOL.

Maybe better said, I am dubious that finding a good dog isn't going to require another 1-2 year investment of my time in developing a rapport with someone I'd like to get a dog from.

On the topic of KNPV lines, Khoi I'd like to see some more video of that dog you posted above.

Last edited by Nicole Stark; 10-05-2016 at 10:55 PM..
Nicole Stark is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Ate the Tug

Training: Schutzhund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenik Girardi View Post
I am really surprised and saddened to hear that... I thought of knpv as the main working k9 supplier to the rest of the world.

Yes i am totally fine with importing a dog! I am just not quite sure how i would be able to tell if the dog will be right for me with out having met him.

That's the problem nowadays. There are now brokers on both sides of the deal and they both want their share of course and that becomes more important than getting you the dog that is right for what you want to do with it. It's business now but it wasn't always the case. JMHO.
Robin Van Hecke is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 10-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Other

Quote:
I am really surprised and saddened to hear that... I thought of knpv as the main working k9 supplier to the rest of the world.

Yes i am totally fine with importing a dog! I am just not quite sure how i would be able to tell if the dog will be right for me with out having met him.
Contact the Kennel and go visit?

http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-detai...merend-Thistle
Matt Vandart is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!

Old 10-06-2016, 10:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Van Hecke View Post
[/B]

That's the problem nowadays. There are now brokers on both sides of the deal and they both want their share of course and that becomes more important than getting you the dog that is right for what you want to do with it. It's business now but it wasn't always the case. JMHO.
I agree, and I haven't been all that well connected and only involved with Dutch lined dogs since 2009. A bit of a sad commentary on the situation considering. If I am wrong about this, someone please correct me. Travel is not a concern. I've visited many breeders and consider it part of the deal in forming a relationship and making an informed decision.

Please Register!
Old 10-08-2016, 03:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

I love my K10 puppy who comes from knpv lines. She is great with my two young kids, confident, and a hard worker.
Ray Turnbow is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 10-10-2016, 06:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Training: PSA

@ray what is a k10 puppy?
Domenik Girardi is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:44 AM   #27 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Quote:
@ray what is a k10 puppy?
My puppy is from k10 working dogs USA branch.
Ray Turnbow is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 01-04-2017, 05:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Basic OB

Just asking out of curiosity, do you (the collective "you," that is) see anything filling that void?

It seems if there is enough need (and thus enough money too), that something would fill the void left by a shortage of reliable KNPV line dogs. That could be via a new sport that would help test for certain types of dogs, or evolution of an old one, or people turning to Ring/SchH/PSA/whatever for their working dogs, or just a reliance on individual breeders who breed the kind of dog people want for police/K9, SAR, sport, PPD, whatever.

That is all just my musing, however. I know some breeders that I trust and have heard enough from to get a dog from if I were in the market. And yet, I am not really in the mix of things and my priorities/needs at the moment are different than most. It just seems if there is enough legitimate need, interest, and yes, money, that something like KNPV (or that would fill that niche) would arise. I think PSA and attempts at a sort of KNPV-USA have attempted that, yet never seemed to really take off.

-Cheers

-Professor Farnsworth
David Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ruby View Post
Just asking out of curiosity, do you (the collective "you," that is) see anything filling that void?

-Cheers
I do and it's a bit of an age old problem of sort. It's money = contractors and breeders with areas of specialization.

Please Register!