KNPV Lines - Working Dog Forum
Welcome to the Working Dog Forum.
Header

Working Dog Forum » General Conversation » General Working Dog Discussion » KNPV Lines

General Working Dog Discussion If it's about working dogs and doesn't fit in another forum, it goes in here. General questions, general discussion, etc.

tcat left
KNPV Lines
vBmenu Seperating Image LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 09-14-2016, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Training: PSA
KNPV Lines

Im trying to learn a bit more about the knpv lines as Im considering one for me next dog. Its at least 5 years down the line though. I have a 1 year WL shepherd right now.
My ideal dog would be extremely high drive yet be able to cap his drive, have rock solid nerves as well as have a great off switch and do well around kids. I love the look of shepherds but not the health issues that plagues the majority of the breed. Even tho my guy is healthy so far the possibility of bad hips scares me. I think my best bet is a knpv line dog with clear gsd influence. Id like a nice dark dog bigger than a mal but drivier and more athletic than a GSD. I love my pup and he is a good worker and has great nerve loves kids but i would want more drive for a dog that would be able to do really well in PSA.
Does a dog I'm describing even exist? If it does does anyone know what blood lines or breeders to look at.
Domenik Girardi is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Please visit our Sponsor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2016, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ate the Tug

Re: KNPV Lines

The vast majority of KNPV dogs are unregistered Mals and DS's. There are differences in the various lines of those dogs.
When you mention a dog from KNPV lines with GSD influence, I'm assuming you mean a cross between a GSD and a Mal/DS. The problem you will run into there is that if you go with a pup (good luck finding a GSD X Mal/DS breeding) you are not really getting a pup from an established bloodline. If that is how you want to go, you will be much more likely to find a GSD X Mal adult. Then you get into the issue of if the dog is so good, why is he for sale?
I would forget about the physical appearance aspect and focus on learning about actual proven bloodlines of unregistered Mals/DS's and your odds of getting a healthy dog with intense drives and good nerves will improve.
Chip Blasiole is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-14-2016, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ate the Tug

There is a breeder in Tennessee called Camelot German Shepherds who breeds what they call "Shepinois." You can Google them. I know nothing about them.
Chip Blasiole is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!

Old 09-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

The lines that I have success with are Berry II, Duke, Tyco, Rocky III, Boy II, Pica, Bronco, DackX all very high drive and good nerve, I like all of them but I think my favorite in my club right now is a pup from Duke, I don't know if I'm getting old or what but I have to wear two inserts and I just ordered a 1/2 inch thick insert to go inside my training weight suit, if I don't I can feel his pressure on my bone. On Off switch are trained behavior for me. But buying a pup is a crap shoot, I've seen two sibling and both are biting good but one is 75 pounds and one is 55 pounds, they were the same size when we picked them up at the airport. You just never know.

Please Register!
Old 09-14-2016, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

@chip
From what I understood knpv lines where bred as crosses relatively loosely And most dogs have some gsd mal and dutchie in them. What i mean be gsd influence is i guess resemblance to the gsd not much but just a nice big head kind of how Rico or Mosely look like a pitt and i know mosely was from an out cross litter so all those pups where a crap shoot. I wouldnt be opposed to getting a green dog but you are right it does raise concern.
Drive temperament and nerve are definitely most important to me but i figure if this is 5 or 6 years down the line why not get everything i want in a dog.

Ive looked into Camelot a while back and was not impressed. They have a lot of dogs and very few tittles. They also specifically say their designer crosses do not have the drive of a typical mal. lol Im looking for more than the average mal.

@khoi
I have looked into a Berry II breeding before i got my dog but did not know anything about knpv and was convinced by other that a working line gsd would be way too much for me to handle let alone a knpv line dog... But at least now i have a great starter dog and the time to really dive into the knpv world. Tyco seems like my dream dog! What is it about duke that you really like besides his powerful bite. I agree buying a pup is a crapshoot but like Chip said if a green dog is so great why is he for sale? Also these are some great dogs but how do i judge the females? Are there any breeders in the us that use these lines?

Thanks for your answers and all the good info by the way!

Please Register!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Search & Rescue

You can also consider Logan Haus Kennels in West Virginia.
Sarah Platts is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

@sarah
I love the dogs mike produces and imports! I will probably end up purchasing my dog through when I decide the time is right. Right now im still trying to gather information on all the different lines

Please Register!
Old 09-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

This dog has everything I want, drive, nerve, powerful deep bite, size, social, clear head, very easy to train. This is him at 6 months, now at 11 months he have got a solid clean out and solid recall re attack.

Please Register!
Old 09-14-2016, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Don't Train My Dog

Looks like a nice pup, you guys are doing real nice work with him. Where is he from? I mean breeder.

Please Register!
Old 09-15-2016, 07:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

Thanks Nicole, he is an import from Netherland, his breeder is Helena Gerrits, Duke X Sita

Please Register!