Drago von patriot - Working Dog Forum
Welcome to the Working Dog Forum.
Header

Working Dog Forum » General Conversation » General Working Dog Discussion » Drago von patriot

General Working Dog Discussion If it's about working dogs and doesn't fit in another forum, it goes in here. General questions, general discussion, etc.

tcat left
Drago von patriot
vBmenu Seperating Image LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 11-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Undecided
Drago von patriot

Heard he is the states...anybody breeding to him...also heard pike lupo nero is here as well..anybody know for sure
will fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Please visit our Sponsor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Other
Re: Drago von patriot

Just came across a kennel in TN that is breeding to him. Are you familiar with him?

T
Terrasita Cuffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 11-22-2012, 03:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dominance Arising

Training: Protection Sports

Drago is with Gary Hanrahan I don't think Pike is here (yet?) I have friends in Belgium that bred to Drago but like most of his pups are still young. Looking at his breed record he hasn't been bred to some of the top working kennels as I would like to see. I surely don't want to cast doubts about him though. I always check to who is breeding to what as it seems something as an indicator for me.....

Please Register!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Estrada View Post
Drago is with Gary Hanrahan I don't think Pike is here (yet?) I have friends in Belgium that bred to Drago but like most of his pups are still young. Looking at his breed record he hasn't been bred to some of the top working kennels as I would like to see. I surely don't want to cast doubts about him though. I always check to who is breeding to what as it seems something as an indicator for me.....
I agree.
Isaiah Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

Training: Schutzhund

We bred to Drago with our Sid vh Pixner daughter- he was on our short list in Europe and we have been watching for a while. Really happy that he came to the states and that Gary and Pam have him. Puppies are only a few days old, but like what we are seeing....

Lucky - Gary and Patrick came up for our helper seminar with James Laney and brought Drago. Drago was worked on Patrick and James.

I was able to get some great fotos of him....

He is a strong presence, attitude, hard hitting. He is a handful - reminds me of dogs from a few years back (the group of dogs from 2000-2003/4).

www.k9imports.com
Sue DiCero is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Police K9

I've never seen a pup from Drago, but Gerben strongly recommended that we buy a son from him when we were looking for a gsd for Ariel last year.
mike suttle is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ate the Tug

We have a 5 month Drago pup at our Club, nice longer, strong build can a bit of an a*shole already. My friend has also bought a 14wk pup which arrived last week, it got off the Ferry Boat, into a dark car park after travelling for 11hrs and kicked off at a passer by!
That said Drago is one of the most used dogs in Germany/Europe recently, I appreciate he's been sold for $40k but their is a lot of reputation and little evidence from the many offspring that he can reproduce his qualities. My gut feeling is he can as long as the right bitches are used.

Mark

Please Register!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dominance Arising

Mark,
Do you know to whom he was bred with with those two dogs? There is always the other side which I personally regard as important, thanks......How was my Queens English

Please Register!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Horne View Post
We have a 5 month Drago pup at our Club, nice longer, strong build can a bit of an a*shole already. My friend has also bought a 14wk pup which arrived last week, it got off the Ferry Boat, into a dark car park after travelling for 11hrs and kicked off at a passer by!
That said Drago is one of the most used dogs in Germany/Europe recently, I appreciate he's been sold for $40k but their is a lot of reputation and little evidence from the many offspring that he can reproduce his qualities. My gut feeling is he can as long as the right bitches are used.

Mark
Since we are into the king's english: "can be a bit of an a*shole already;" "kicked off at a passer by!" and are you saying there is a lot of talk but no evidence regarding whether he can reproduce his qualities? I have no idea how a 5 month old can be an a*shole and what that means 14 weeks and a tad defensive????? How about some of the more universal terms.

T
Terrasita Cuffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Hey Mike - we took Incah to Drago back in October hope this makes for a good breeding.
Tom Cawood is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!