Does this seem right? - Page 2 - Working Dog Forum
Welcome to the Working Dog Forum.
Header

Working Dog Forum » General Conversation » General Working Dog Discussion » Does this seem right?

General Working Dog Discussion If it's about working dogs and doesn't fit in another forum, it goes in here. General questions, general discussion, etc.

tcat left
Does this seem right?
vBmenu Seperating Image LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 09-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Don't Train My Dog
Re: Does this seem right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Denver View Post
Maybe "brutal"?? I've seen a couple threads that were full of materially false statements when bashing a breeder. But, I get your point!
What that be this breeder?

Please Register!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Quote:
I do find it kind of funny that some seem to laser focus on my arriving at 7:30 "without prior arrangement". Guess I would think that I wanted to get back on the road for my eight hour drive. The fact that her reply was that she voiced concern that I was "inspecting" her property is what put me off. Whether I want a dog now or in six months, I am wanting to get some input on a better choice of breeders - think I'm going to go with Trikos.

I did my due diligence and spoke exhaustively with this breeder and gave her benefit of the doubt even after this forum bashed her for having had 44 dogs seized a few years back. She won her case, got her dogs back and had all charges dropped, but this forum continued to bash her without any proof of wrongdoing - pretty much the norm with keyboard commandos!!

I'll stick with a more interactive form of vetting. Thanks anyway for the replies!
Funny? Why is that funny to you. It's a reasonable expectation to make prior arrangements on a business deal. Dog or no dog. That's what this was and should have been treated as such. Thus, it's reasonable to expect that you would have made an appointment with her in advance.

Besides, on my end that "laser focus" stems from the fact that I sleep very little and have a busy, slightly chaotic schedule. Structure and organization are important to me. I like things that I can count upon. Let's say this breeder has a general routine that involves caring for her animals during the period of time you chose to show up. Do you feel that your desire to get on the road is more important than the well being of her animals?

Lots of people have their dogs shipped to them. The fact that you chose the option of making a 16 hr round trip to pick the pup up, comes with responsibilities and challenges that are your burden, not hers.

You said something interesting, which I think puts some of this into focus. The fact that at one time she had 44 dogs, which were seized would be a legitimate cause for her to say what she did to you. BUT, if she wasn't doing anything wrong I assure you those words would have never come out of her mouth. That's like freaking out because the spouse comes home early when you are normally doing something you shouldn't be.

See the parallel? If it's the first conclusion she drew as to the purpose of your early arrival I'd say she's got something to be concerned about. A default or conclusion of guilt or assumed wrong doing sounds screwed up to me.

About asking for a better choice of breeders, why didn't you just say that? It's precisely why I joined this forum. Someone I was looking at was a member here, I figured this would be a good way to get introduced. That said, the breeder of my dog in is your home state. I got a good dog from him, at least I got exactly what I wanted and that says a lot in my book.

Anyway, I don't know who this person is. You asked questions and in some cases without proper context or a reasonable frame of reference to give you an informed answer for. As such you are going to get off the cuff responses. It's not personal, it's just what you asked for. Thoughts.

Please Register!
Old 09-01-2016, 03:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Undecided

I'm trying to figure out what you're looking for here. Are you defending this breeder, or questioning your decision to buy from her?

If she was "bashed" on this forum in the past, then why come here and post about her? To add fuel to that long dead fire? To tell a bunch of posters who have long since stopped posting they were wrong? Why?

If you were put off by her, her dogs, or her facilities, why did you take a puppy? Just because you drove all the way there and had cash burning a hole in your pocket?

Or are you just drumming up business for Trikos, home of the $55000 + personal protection dog?
leslie cassian is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!

Old 09-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie cassian View Post
I'm trying to figure out what you're looking for here. Are you defending this breeder, or questioning your decision to buy from her?

If she was "bashed" on this forum in the past, then why come here and post about her? To add fuel to that long dead fire? To tell a bunch of posters who have long since stopped posting they were wrong? Why?

If you were put off by her, her dogs, or her facilities, why did you take a puppy? Just because you drove all the way there and had cash burning a hole in your pocket?

Or are you just drumming up business for Trikos, home of the $55000 + personal protection dog?
What I wanna know is what happened to the guy who was in his "control center" he amused me very much.

http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-detai...merend-Thistle
Matt Vandart is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Vandart View Post
What I wanna know is what happened to the guy who was in his "control center" he amused me very much.
Who are you talking about?

Please Register!
Old 09-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie cassian View Post
Is that who that is? WTF...

Please Register!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Stark View Post
Who are you talking about?
Guy on here ages ago who used to have a "command center" or maybe I got that mixed up with "Doberman Talk" sounds like a crazy Doberman thing to say.

http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-detai...merend-Thistle
Matt Vandart is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Search & Rescue

Quote:
Guy on here ages ago who used to have a "command center" or maybe I got that mixed up with "Doberman Talk" sounds like a crazy Doberman thing to say.
You are speaking of the (in)famous Michael Murphy, resident of the Land of Oz, that pined for a Mal that was a SuperDog capable of being radio-controlled while he was firmly ensconced in the sub-terrain command bunker. Supposed to have gotten said Mal puppy and disappeared into the Land of one's and zero's
Sarah Platts is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Search & Rescue

Quote:
I do find it kind of funny that some seem to laser focus on my arriving at 7:30 "without prior arrangement".
Well, Yeah. cause it was your complaint when she didn't immediately leap from the house when she was probably still not dressed. It maybe normal in your situation to arrive on doorsteps at an early hour but not everyone shares your desires.

Quote:
Guess I would think that I wanted to get back on the road for my eight hour drive.
My last puppy involved plane travel, a couple of hours of driving, border crossings, and importation requirements courtesy of the USDA. But I would not have dreamed of showing up on a doorstep at anything before 0900 without prior arrangements.

Quote:
I am wanting to get some input on a better choice of breeders - think I'm going to go with Trikos.
I did my due diligence and spoke exhaustively with this breeder and gave her benefit of the doubt even after this forum bashed her ........I'll stick with a more interactive form of vetting. Thanks anyway for the replies!
I wish you the best of luck. Sometimes its a crap shoot even after you do all due diligence. If the situation doesn't happen the way you like, then move on and find someone else you like better. If Trikos has what you want and at a price you can afford then I would be beating a path to their door.
Sarah Platts is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 09-01-2016, 08:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Landshark

Training: Undecided

Quote:
Not Michael Murphy. He seemed a little obsessed with finding the most badass dog ever, but I don't recall him holed up in his lair worried about security breaches.

Had to look through some old threads. Compound boy was Rick Scott.
leslie cassian is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!