Breeding Duh - Page 2 - Working Dog Forum
Welcome to the Working Dog Forum.
Header

Working Dog Forum » Work Specific Discussion » Breeding » Breeding Duh

Breeding Any breeding questions here.

tcat left
Breeding Duh
vBmenu Seperating Image LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 04-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Protection Sports
Re: Breeding Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang Cangiano View Post
thanks.
tried that one, it fails to open a document when I try to open it.

Please Register!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ate the Tug

Training: Don't Train My Dog

Ed, I would just breed to both studs, probably to the oldest one first. Just make sure you don't start too late before your girl gets too old.

It is really hard to find good bitches and it is really hard to find good bitches with good owners who actually want to breed and have the patience to raise pups. You have a good market for your pups already, just go for it!

You just need to move your thoughts and conversation to shipping frozen-lots of progesterone testing-surgical ai-hassle-cost-chance it won't take versus taking a trip to Europe-meeting new friends-drinking a beer and taking pictures over the tie. Just go for it. There aren't enough good dogs and good people to waste your girl and not breed her.

Of course, this is just my opinion.
Annamarie Somich is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ate the Tug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joby Becker View Post
thanks.
tried that one, it fails to open a document when I try to open it.
Did you make sure you're saving the it as a *.csv file? I've been using it for a few years and never had a problem.

Ang

'Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior.' ~Carl von Clausewitz
Ang Cangiano is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Weiss View Post
Thank you for the erudite discussion of COI. I am particularly interested as studs mother is the maternal grandmother of my dog.
This grandmother is a very dominant and masculine appearing and described as "watchful" in a breed survey. As I like all rounders in Airedales worry a bit about over the top dogs.
Also in the background of both potential breeding dogs are a pair of brothers one The top VPG Airedale in Germany and the other finished in top ten in FCI (Torino) championship which included over 100 Mals and GSDs. Eyk v Erikson is the Airedale #7 http://www.sasit.com/fci2007.htm

Fun to contemplate

Ed,

I think you might get potentially 1-2 of the over the top when you have that in the pedigree but generally, the temperaments vary. I tend to think you need a lot of over-the-top in the pedigree to produce that in numbers unless someone in the pedigree is proven to be prepotent in that regard. If you're not interested, do you have someone else that is because in a working pedigree, the potential is there. The breeder on my puppy just shook her head when she watched Rhemy last year, saying: "you're the only one that wants to and can deal with that." Love him!!!

T
Terrasita Cuffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!